The Hairdresser Totally Ruined My Hair

I was in there for 4 hours and she totally ruined it. Are they completely stupid? It looks totally grose I am so upset especially since I am trying to look nice to get back with someone I used to see.

My hair looks so dark with bands of really dark hair and then a really white blond . I had a pretty golden blonde and this monster has made my hair look vile. Is there anything I can do to get my pretty golden blonde colour back. She kept saying total and utter crap that made no sense.

Did she dye your hair? Is golden blond your natural color? If not, wait it out for a couple of days, maybe a week and re-dye it. It's a disaster for the health your hair though. Do you have a picture? Maybe it isn't all that bad and you just need to get used to it. You can pm me a pic if you want a second opinion. I often left my hairdresser scared and angry, only to see a couple of days later that it's really great. It takes time to get used to your face with new hair above it

Ilse

Thanks for the feedback Ilse , I was feeling that desperate that I was going to go to another hairdresser tomorrow because I'm so disappointed. I will wait a couple of days as my golden blonde was not natural and re dye it. The colour really affects how I feel and I want to look nice for when I see my romantic interest.

Hi there,

The same thing happened to a friend of mine. She has natrually dark hair but she frosts it. She needed it to be redone and a co-worker of ours was in beauty school. She offered to do it for a good price and promised her she knew what she was doing. Oh no she did not! My friend's hair looked like a disaster. It was streaked orange, patches of orange all over her hair. She called me up in tears and I had to cover for her shift at work (we were waitresses at the time).

She ended up having to wait awhile to have it redone. I think a few days. She went to her regular hair dresser and had it re-frosted. She had to wear a hat to hide for it a couple of days. So, try to make an appointment with your regular hair dresser and get it fixed. It is fixable. Good luck.

I know how it is when they ruin your hair. For years I have been getting partial highlights put into my hair. My hair is very dark and I like to have blonde highlights in my hair. I had been going to a certain salon for many years so the stylist knew how I liked it. When I moved from Milwaukee to San Diego, I had to find a new salon and stylist for my hair. Since my hair is so dark, the colorist has to mix a certain formula so the hair will take the highlights. I picked a pretty decent, high-end salon to go to and I told the stylist about my hair. He seemed like he understood but after the two hours of putting highlights, drying, etc., we both realized that the highlights didnt take and my hair had brown streaks in it . I was NOT happy and I let him know. He redid my hair, which took ANOTHER two hours, and my hair got pretty fried by all the chemicals.

I have never had my hair colored. However when I was about 7 my dad took me in for my first haircut, and I came out looking like a brunette little orphan annie. I had long beautiful brown wavy hair, and it was a disaster. Fast forward 6 years, and i went in to get my hair cut and permed just the way i wanted, had a pic and everything. I used my allowance to do it. Dad came in and after a big rigermaroe, I came out looking like little orphan annie all over again. Not something you want going into 8th grade.

Then last Dec, I went to a new stylist, (my aunt recommended him), and i told him i wanted something classy and glamorous for a holiday party, and he gave me a horrid haircut. He thinned my hair out on the bottom to the point it was about a third of what it was, and the top was barely touched. Then he did it up Dolly Parton style. I got home and washed it, and when i got out of the shower, it was clear, I had a mullet. I cried, I called my normal stylist, and by the time she was done it looked like an early Friends Rachel cut.

Now 8 mos later my hair is back and healthy. Take heart and it will get better!!!

Just remember, a bad color can be fixed fairly soon. An awful haircut can take months to grow out. So, your situation could be a lot worse.

I speak from experience, having once gotten such a bad haircut that it literally took six months before it looked right again.

I don't trust her to fix it. She became so loud and defensive and almost tried to argue with me that I just had to get out of there. I tried to be as clear as possible and she responded in a way as though not to hear or understand anything I was saying.

I will just have to go somewhere else at least all my hair wasn't all cut off it could be worse.

MI DEFINETELY don't go back if you don't feel comfortable. A competent salon should have offered to correct your hair free of charge...or at least comp your next visit. As for what to do with your hair..I can't really advise you, unless I saw it for myself. Corrective color can be tricky and very time consuming.

I would chalk it up....and go elsewhere for now.

As a salon owner I realize that when customer is satsfied with a service they will tell 10 of their friends....

and an UNsatisfied customer will tell 50....

Sorry you had a bad experience. Not all stylists are incompetent.

Hope you know that

I rang consumer affairs since my hair has gone a grose khaki colour.

I am writing a letter to the salon requesting a refund within 7 days otherwise I will take her to the small claims tribunal.

Enough is enough.

if your hair is that awful, you should walk into the salon and show the owner or supervisor yourself.

why drag this through the court system for months? Have you tried just going into the salon and talking to them calmly?

Look at it this way- at least you're not one of the 2 billion people on this planet living in abject poverty.

This time next year you'll be back to normal, trust me. Alternatively you could shave it all off and raise a load of money for charity!