I don't like girls!

I live in Finland, and I completely ignore all finnish girls. I will not give any of them a chance because I think I have them all figured out, and what I know about them doesn't intrest me one bit. I hate the culture here and I believe it can't spawn a girl I would like. I think through this I've started to hate how they look as well. Even though I can find some of them attractive, I feel the attraction is purely sexual, which is not enough. They're not beautiful to me, because beauty is not about looking hot, but about something that comes from within.

Basically this is about morals and what it is people want from relationships. I'm overly romantic. I hear this all the time. I don't put women on a pedestal, I build a pedestal big enough for both of us. But everyone else seems to be sooo much more casual about it. People expect relationships to end in a few months, and sex doesn't mean much. No not everyone thinks this, but everyone I could be physically attracted to does.

So I'm planning on moving out of here. However, because of practical reasons I can't just yet. So now I'm stuck in here alone. It would be better to just change how I think, but how could that be done?

well maybe you should bite the bullet so to speak. if you do see a girl you find attractive then go and chat to her - she might surprise you!! i dont think it is right to generalise here - take a chance and see how it goes for you. there could be a girl out there that you might actually like!

It's a big thing to generalize a whole nation, until you've met every single girl in Finland and found them all to be lacking, remain open minded.

After all, there must be hundreds and thousands out there..and you only need one. So if you go out a fair bit, your chances are actually quite good.

I agree with Superstar, there is at least someone well suited for you. You just need to look hard enough.

ALSO, the kind of social trend in relationships is much more widespread than Finland. Most relationships end quickly and casual sex is a social norm in America. Not everyone is like this though, even in societies that endorse it.

I think if you think you'll move and automatically find a better girl for you in another country, you'll be sorely disappointed. I agree, I'm sure that there must be some girls in finland that you would be compatible with. you just haven't found them.

i wouldn't count on moving and suddenly finding tons of girls that are your type.

No not everyone thinks this, but everyone I could be physically attracted to does.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. So, you have met people that share the same outlook as you but you're not attracted to them and the people that you are attracted to doesn't share the same values as you? Kind of a catch 22 huh?

What makes you think moving to another country would make things any different? Have you met women from another country that you are attracted to and share the same values as you? Or did you just randomly pick another country and hope for the best? I'm just trying to understand why you are so convinced that women in your country are hopeless and that you would find the woman of your dreams elsewhere.

Sounds a bit like my BF. He is half Iranian - his mother is from Iran and his father is American from Arkansas. But ever since I've known him he's told me how much he hates Iranian-American women. He's not meaning pure Iranian women - he means the ones that have either moved here and adapted to American culture. I think a LOT of this has to do with his mother. She is very materialistic and only concerned with outward appearances to other people. He says all the other Iranian-American women he's known have been that way too.

From an outward perspective I see this as a bit unrealistic...but he is dead set that that is the way it is.

I wonder if you feel this way about Finnish women because of women in your life?

i see what you mean. I know lots of iranian-america girls. some are very kind and sweet and not the least bit materialistic, and others are spoiled princesses. Kind of like women in general.

there is no point in generalizing an entire group or ethnicity of women.

I think I can generalize. If i meet 1000 girls and all of them are how I describe, it's not just bad luck. There is something else in play there. Especially when I HAVE seen a considerable difference in girl's attitudes from certain countries. But once these girls move to Finland, they change. They become Finnish.

I'm not saying I believe there is a country where all girls are exactly what I want. They are rare everywhere, but I believe they are extinct in Finland.

There is no sense in comparing Finland to America. America is huge with an incredible variety of people. We don't have variety over here. If you move here you better learn to live how we live or you will be an outcast.

I feel this way about Finnish women because of the women I've met, and I'm definitely not the only one here with this problem. Most of the men just deal with it by settling for someone. They've given up on finding someone better. Someone worth loving. I really don't think men are any less romantic than women. Men just need someone more special to show it to.

Hyvää päivää, ystävänni. (That right there is the only Finnish I know.)

It's not just in your head - Canadian women are the same way.

Where are you thinking of going? I envy you because of how close you are to the Baltic states and Russia, where, I'm told, the problem you describe is far less common.

Basically this is about morals and what it is people want from relationships. I'm overly romantic. I hear this all the time. I don't put women on a pedestal, I build a pedestal big enough for both of us. But everyone else seems to be sooo much more casual about it. People expect relationships to end in a few months, and sex doesn't mean much. No not everyone thinks this, but everyone I could be physically attracted to does.

I just don't buy that every woman in finland feels this way!

Finnland is small. Perhaps them are tougher, I once met a finish girl in Hong Kong. She was a physio therapist, below average looking girl. She was looking for a way to get into the US to work. She married an american I worked with and split up with him to the day on being able to keep her greencard...

Israel is another small place, women join the military in equal capacity.

Speaking to men there, them are hard to get too.

I also met a russian girl, damned she was tough, settled for a guy with a ferrari...

Hard to generalize me thinks.

Perhaps try to get into Asia, lots of girls there.