Have I been ditched on the last minute?

Im going to cry, seriously. I feel horrible, I have all these butterflys in my stomach and im shaking

Aliec, if he contacts me, how do i ignore it? I hope he doesnt bother, it will just make things alil easir.

Annie, I cant forget about him because its the first guy that I told my parents about. I dont know, I guess I had high expectations

((((HUGS))))

I've been there too! it sucks. but honestly, every second you spend crying over this guy is wasted. I promise you, you'll look back and wonder why you even cared. he is a jerk, classless, should have at least had the decency to call you or e-mail you and let you know the date was off.

I was in a situation similar to yours 2 months ago. Where we had plans, he told me he would re-confirm, and he didn't until almost the time we were supposed to meet. We went out, the date was pretty much a disaster. He had a lot of problems in his life, and it is good we didn't wind up together.

anyways, it's not about you so much as it is about him.

I was duped by the guy I was dating at the time. We were supposed to meet up at a block party with my friends but he never showed. He didn't even have the balls to call and let me know that he wasn't coming and when I did call, he played along and told me he was on his way but nope, I waited and waited. When I hounded him down the next day - I learned that he was at the block party with his other friends! Pissed me off! I'm glad we're no longer together however I was pretty hurt from that one particular incident and it was hard getting over it and him (though he was a jerk).

You'll be okay. It was just an initial date but yah, I know how you feel about being rejected and not wanted. He could at least have the courtesy to call or something. Just imagine, if he's already proven himself to be unreliable now, what will he be when you two date? He'll have no regards for your feelings because he'll think that he doesn't owe you any explanations. Jerk! Let him go and move on to someone else who'll be a little more dependable.

ok I MADE A BREAK THROUGH!!! Im over my tears, lol, i just needed to have a little sook. OK well, if he does end up calling or messaging i'l say that i didnt know that he still wanted to go out because I didnt hear from him and im not ready, plus my parents asked me to do something and since i didnt know what he wanted to do, (beacues he didnt call/message earliar) I said yes.

How is that!?

Meh, some guys are hopless

thanks for the support everyone, It means so much to me *hugs everyone*

Sometimes dates get lost in bad communication/logistics...to me if he said he'd call to confirm and hasn't that means he can't make it...maybe he's got alittle California in him...i think this is too early for the freak out stage...my guess is maybe he felt alittle pressure and went MIA not something totally unheard of with guys...these emotions you are experiencing now are good...but you have to realize they are not based on any fact whatsoever so the next time they occur, and by the looks of your avavatar they happen alot, remember it could be nothing personal just as much as it is something personal...now get a grip and when he calls three days from now to try again your response should be if you still like him,"maybe, give me a call I'm not sure what is going on." If he wants to go out he's going to have to do some communicating until then be ambiguous, amphibious, and maybe even ambidextrous...

Girl if this is the only time you get "stood up" be glad. I dont even know how many times I have made plans with guys and them not show up or not call. I know how it makes you feel and it sucks. I am sorry this guy did this to you...keep your chin up and move on. (((hugs)))!!

LiFeLeSs_GaZe[X]']ok I MADE A BREAK THROUGH!!! Im over my tears, lol, i just needed to have a little sook. OK well, if he does end up calling or messaging i'l say that i didnt know that he still wanted to go out because I didnt hear from him and im not ready, plus my parents asked me to do something and since i didnt know what he wanted to do, (beacues he didnt call/message earliar) I said yes.

How is that!?

Meh, some guys are hopless

thanks for the support everyone, It means so much to me *hugs everyone*

yeah, that's pretty much what you should say if he calls.

but, I just wouldn't answer. he doesn't deserve a second chance!

I agree with what everyone else said and wanted to add - grow a thick skin and fast. Don't be cynical or negative but force yourself not to get attached to someone until you've been steadily dating for at least a few months and he has shown you unmistakably that he is interested in you. Don't tell people about the date before it happens or talk too much about a brand new dating relationship so you don't get asked a lot of questions early on.

I got to the point where if I wasn't asked out on a first or second date (or third or fourth even) I was able to just walk away and forget about it quickly - and I mean - in an hour or two - yes, there were a few exceptions but even that would just take me a day or so (and not with hysterics - just on my mind).

And - the next time you reject someone this experience will help you decide on the best way to do it. In this case since he made the plan standing you up was wrong, of course.

Good luck!

Same thing happened to me. Met a guy one Sunday evening. We got chatting. My friend came along and he invited us to dinner. He paid for everything - then he took my number.....and said what plans I had? I said I was free on Sat night. He said tell you what...if I don't get you I will meet you outside this bar on Sat night at 9pm. I waited till 9.17pm Did he show? No? Why? I dont know! Who knows why people make dates and not show up.....He could've been called to work at the last minute, it might have seemed like a good idea at the time, maybe he got back with his ex....there are millions of reason....but basically you are not the one at fault here. His loss. period!

Well, I received a message from him around 8 saying he was called to go to work. LOOSER, he didnt even bother to take 2mins from his break to message me and tell me, pathetic immature looser!

Im not going to talk to him anymore...its time to say NEXT... LOL

Thank you everyone for supporting me and for making me feel better, you guys rock!!

*hugs everyone*

was this the guy from church?

Yepp it sure was!! Thats why I kinda had higher expectations.

I was talking to a friend today who is mature in age, and she said that no man is perfect and it could just be one of those things he wasnt sure of what to do. My mum said the same thing.

I dont want to be the fool. Im really clueless, I guess it just means "when it doubt, dont" right?