I'll keep the moaning short this time:

1: What do guys think of cellulite on a girl? Do they see it in the same 'DEAR GOD NO!!' light that many girls do?

2: Is there anything that actually makes a difference?

3: Is it a sign I have a weight problem, or is it a common thing?

My BMI claims I'm healthy.

Cellulite is due to the way the fat collects under your skin. There is nothing that really fixes it since its due to the fibers connecting the skin to the muscle doesn't stretch well as the fat cells collect in the space under the skin. Some skin types are more prone to it no matter the body fat of the individual. The miracle cures are bunk, nearly all women have it and if a guy can't handle an few lumps then he's a worthless person.

I'll keep the moaning short this time:

1: What do guys think of cellulite on a girl? Do they see it in the same 'DEAR GOD NO!!' light that many girls do?

2: Is there anything that actually makes a difference?

3: Is it a sign I have a weight problem, or is it a common thing?

My BMI claims I'm healthy.

1. I haven't been with a girl that hasn't had cellulite to some extent. At first I thought "Is this supposed to be like this?" Now I'm used to it, the less the better, but it is not a dealbreaker, I've learnt to accept it.

In fact, only girls I haven't seen cellulite on, are not even girls, are retouched pictures of models. And you know, on those pictures you don't know if you are looking at the work of a photoshop artist or something that at one point was a picture.

2. AFAIK, eating healthy and excersicing are the only things that can help. It is more of a blood irrigation issue than a weight issue.

3. I've seen girls that have a lower BMI than they should and they still have cellulite, so no, it is not a sign of being overweight, however, overweight usually carries cellulite with it.

1. In general, society does not like seeing cellulite. On the other hand, most people in the U.S. are overweight and have plenty of it. In that respect, it's difficult to say how much it will really affect someone's level of attraction to you. I personally prefer minimal amounts.

2. Diet and exercise are the only known ways to minimize the amount of cellulite.

3. Ask your doctor or other qualified health professional.

Don't worry about it too much Blured. I have it too, the first day I noticed it I was really upset and I tried everything already. Maybe it looks a bit better now, but I still have it so I just learnet to accept it. My bf never said anything about it so I guess it doesn't bother him.

Does anyone know who coined this term?

From what I've found, someone made up the term cellulite from

cellule, a small cell and -ite, disease.

It's not a disease, but whoever sells potions to "cure" it might benefit from that definition.

To me, that's like calling male pattern baldness or freckles a disease.

I was misinformed about cellulite. I read an interesting article on link removed.

Here are a few interesting points:

1)"The fat that causes cellulite is not the same as the fat that takes us from a size 10 to a 14, experts say. That fat lies far below the skin, closer to our bones, and it is what the body burns as fuel for energy.

Cellulite, on the other hand, is made up of fat cells that reside within the skin. They can't be burned as fuel, says Murad, so dieting, exercise, even liposuction won't help."

2)"Cellulite is a decidedly womanly problem, primarily targeting females over 35. Although doctors aren't sure why, many say hormones and anatomy are key."

3)"While dieting to lose weight may not help, a diet that "feeds" skin just might, according to Murad -- whose book details such a diet. He says foods rich in nutrients such as lecithin, essential fatty acids, amino acids, and antioxidants reduce cellular inflammation, reduce fluids, and increase circulation deep in skin cells. All this, he says, works to strengthen cell membranes and keep cellulite from migrating to the surface. "The idea is to encourage collagen production to build the middle layer of connective tissue -- and improve the circulation," Murad tells WebMD."

The article goes on to explain the different types of treatments available and studies done on these different treatments.

The link removed can be read in its entirety link removed

Im ashamed to say this but I am glad to hear that 90% of women have it....where did that "fact" come from and what age group were they referring to? I am 20 and have cellulite as well. I was told it was from rapid weight gain and loss. I bought some cream to reduce the appearance of cellulite...but of course it is still there. I just started exercising recentely so hopefully it will get rid of some of it! I am terrified to get into a bikini

My legs are really the most unattractive legs I have personally ever seen in someone my age I have spider veins, cellulite and their white as a ghost. Does anyone know anything to get rid of spider veins??? I was told I got those from rapid weight gain and loss also. Thanks!

cellulite! gahhh The thought of it! i must say that im GLAD to know that 90% of women has them! age factor isnt the point, im 19 and i have it!! got them due to a sudden increase in weight! and they look even worse when stretch marks in the thigh/butt area are present due to rapid weight loss. im also terrified to look at them with my swimsuit! oh well.. learn to live with it!

• 2 months later...

Oh yeah and I wanted to ask everybody how common do you think this is for males? Someone has already said that 90% of females will develop these marks, but what about for males?? How common do you think this is? I mean a good reason why 90% of women will develop these marks is because of pregnancy is it not??

oh yeah and I just realized this thread is like 3 months old...whooops. Still I hope to get some more responses.