About to break NC

Here's my previous post, which also contains a link to my first post:

So, I've maintained strict NC since Friday, when we broke up.

She texted yesterday, asking how I was doing.

She texted again today, it said: "Ur never going to talk to me??"

I feel like I should let her know I am planning on talking to her again. My plan was to get my head cleared, take care of some things, and call her sometime next week.

Thoughts anyone?

Don't talk to her to make her feel better. Talk to her in your own time and if that is never, then it is never. You have to do what it takes me heal. If talking to her is going to cause undue emotional stress then I say keep with the NC. It's sucks and it's tough but in the long run it will be better for you.

I would be inclined not to respond, but if you feel that you must reply then go with a short text saying that you need some time by yourself and will be in touch if/when you feel ready....and then see if that day comes.

If it doesn't, stay in NC.

• 2 years later...

Send her a message saying you're going to take some time to clear your head and you'll talk to her when you're ready. She'll likely understand and respect your wishes, which just makes everything easier on everyone. And if she won't respect that, it will only help your conviction that she is not the right person for you.

Here's my previous post, which also contains a link to my first post:

So, I've maintained strict NC since Friday, when we broke up.

She texted yesterday, asking how I was doing.

She texted again today, it said: "Ur never going to talk to me??"

I feel like I should let her know I am planning on talking to her again. My plan was to get my head cleared, take care of some things, and call her sometime next week.

Thoughts anyone?

You talk to her when you feel ready. She knew it was a chance that you wouldn't talk to her again when she broke up with you, now she has to deal with that.