Would you forgive a cheating partner? Part 2

Quite honestly, in your position I think I would call it a day. I can see you love her but I don't think it is worth it, do you?

If you look up my posts you will see I have been through a hell of a lot with my wife but we have been married for 10 years!

Sorry mate, but you are in the UK and the country is full of the best women in the world so you will be fine.

Ummm..She gave her number to this guy after having an argument with her BF. She was still with her BF when she gave this guy her number. Then dumped her BF for this other guy. What else needs to be said.

True, she did give out her # before they were broken up, and that wasn't the smartest idea. She did show some poor judgement there, I'll give you that. However, she did not act on anything before they broke up, and they were having problems far before she broke up with the OP and saw this other guy.

I still think that the OP can give her another chance and that they may end up a stronger couple for it. And since that's what he's chosen to do, let's support that, shall we?

True, she did give out her # before they were broken up, and that wasn't the smartest idea. She did show some poor judgement there, I'll give you that. However, she did not act on anything before they broke up, and they were having problems far before she broke up with the OP and saw this other guy.

I still think that the OP can give her another chance and that they may end up a stronger couple for it. And since that's what he's chosen to do, let's support that, shall we?

I agree with Hope. It may not work out but it is worth trying.

Oh man, does this ever resonate with me! I just got back together with my ex too, and then he laid the bomb on me and told me that not only had he slept with someone else while we were broken up, but it was with a friend of mine!! He moved out of state for a few months, found her (bcs she was a friend of mine & his) and then they hooked up. Both of them didn't want to tell me, but he finally did after he got back and eventually back together with me - said he couldn't live with the guilt anymore and he wanted to tell me - not hear it from someone else. Asked me to forgive him. Told me it was just a fling (but it wasn't for HER bcs she completely fell head over heels in love with him during the 4 weeks they went out). Now he doesn't want to have anything to do with her (she was calling him incessantly) and I certainly am not friends with her anymore. Now, during the time we were broken up I never even looked at another guy, I was still so in love with him. My gf's all thought I was crazy, but supported my feelings. Now they think he's a jerk for doing that - but, logically, my mind tells me that since we WERE broken up that if we agree to be together again, I should move on and get past this. But, it's just a ****ed-up situation with everyone knowing each other. I still love him and want to make it work, but sometimes I struggle with feelings of resentment and jealousy. Is this normal?? It's only been a little over a week since I found out...He's been very very respectful of my feelings since he told me (I cried a lot in the beginning) and swears he will never talk to her again....