Some inspiring words for a broken heart....

This is a poem I found after my first painful breakup some years ago. Maybe it'll bring some comfort to some of you who, like me, are hurting at the hands of a breakup.

After a while...

After a while you learn

the subtle difference between

holding a hand and chaining a soul

and you learn that love doesn't mean possession

and company doesn't mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts

and presents aren't promises

and you begin to accept your defeats

with your head up and your eyes ahead

with the grace of an adult not the grief of a child.

And you learn to build your roads today

because tomorrows ground is too uncertain for plans

and futures have ways of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns

if you get too much

so you plant your own garden

and decorate your own soul

instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure

that you really are strong

and you really do have worth

and you learn

and you learn...

and with each goodbye you learn.

Veronica A. Shoffstall

each goodbye seems a little easier. i wonder if i will soon become one of those heartless * * * * *es. j/k. i think i feel too much.

man...why do i miss him? why do i care about someone that doesnt even care about me? i feel like a dummy sitting here thinking of him......he is probably dating some other girl already.

each day, i wish he could come back to me....i wish he would see the truth...i wish he cared......i keep waiting......but i know im just being silly. it's over. done. finished. nothing i can do.

it's getting better......but i wish i could forget because i havent forgotten yet. *sigh*

each goodbye seems a little easier. i wonder if i will soon become one of those heartless * * * * *es. j/k. i think i feel too much.

man...why do i miss him? why do i care about someone that doesnt even care about me? i feel like a dummy sitting here thinking of him......he is probably dating some other girl already.

each day, i wish he could come back to me....i wish he would see the truth...i wish he cared......i keep waiting......but i know im just being silly. it's over. done. finished. nothing i can do.

it's getting better......but i wish i could forget because i havent forgotten yet. *sigh*

Hun, you aren't being silly...I'm having the exact same thoughts as you. It's been almost 2 weeks for me (3 days NC so far) and year and a half live-in relationship (in 2 different countries)...what about you?

oh. 2 dates. so embarrassing to say. but i really liked him.

he gave me a kiss when i was leaving his car at the end of the second date, and said see you later......and i could tell he was happy and meant it.

and then total drama blew up and i never saw him again. i suppose he has forgotten by now. but man.......for a brief moment, i was happy. he was such a cool guy.

he even offered to shave off his beard for me....*sigh*

oh. 2 dates. so embarrassing to say. but i really liked him.

he gave me a kiss when i was leaving his car at the end of the second date, and said see you later......and i could tell he was happy and meant it.

and then total drama blew up and i never saw him again. i suppose he has forgotten by now. but man.......for a brief moment, i was happy. he was such a cool guy.

he even offered to shave off his beard for me....*sigh*

Hey, there is nothing embarrassing at all about that! If you really feel like that, who is going to laugh at you? Indeed, no-one who really cares about you Everything will be fine in the end anyway! -Take care-

I really liked that poem, Leigh.

My favorite line was:

so you plant your own garden

and decorate your own soul

instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers

I think if more people did that, their relationships would be healthier and happier.

BellaDonna