Can you really marry and stay with your first love? My boyfriend is my first love. We have our tiffs here and there and my friends tell me not to even deal with him because he is my "first" and there will be other guys. But honestly I don't want to take this relationship as a learing experience and move on! So is it possible...?

OC - Anything is possible. My girlfriend's parents met in Highschool and have only been with each other ever...or so the story goes...

But of course its possible.

And imagine if everyone looked at ALL relationships that way.

EXAMPLE : Well, this is only my FIRST child and I plan on having more so it doesn't matter how badly I screw this one up.

Well, this is only my FIRST job so who cares if my boss fires me, they'll be more jobs.

Well, this is my FIRST time having sex - who cares if i get an STD, pregnant etc... they'll be plenty more times....

Sounds like a flawed logic to me.

If you have issues in a relationship you want to hold on to, work on them. If he mis-treats you or the "tiffs" involve violence, than that is a different story...

SB - what's a lousy reason? You mean staying with him BECAUSE he's a first?

I agree but I don't think that IS her reason for staying, sounds like she actually wants to because she's happy there, or at least content.

But OC - please don't let someone throw things at you and call you names, that's just not cool.

Again with the scenarios - picture that ind of thing happening in other situations in life. Would you tolerate it if your boss threw things at you and called you names or would you quit your job?

If he's treating you abusively it's not a good sign. The longer you're together the worse it will get.

Verbal abuse does turn into physical abuse eventually.

Find someone else who'll treat you with respect.

Good luck and take care.

Whoa, you never mentioned he yells and throws things. In that case, you are dealing with a loser.

link removed Go to articles, then "identifying losers in relationships."

If you read that and he exhibits any of these traits, it's time to leave and find real love.

SB - what's a lousy reason? You mean staying with him BECAUSE he's a first?

I agree but I don't think that IS her reason for staying, sounds like she actually wants to because she's happy there, or at least content.

right, i didn't mean to say that OCR was staying with her bf for that reason. i just think it shouldn't be part of the decision-making process as far as whether or not a couiple should stay together. thanks for letting me clear that up, poupee'.