Ever CHEATED on a test or report??

Ok, I'll talk about the seond definition of cheating, off course I'm not talking about relations. I mean on test or on report (downloading report online or copying someone else's). Ok be honest people, have anyone cheated on a test/s, written report/s, ever before in their lives. Ok I'm not gonna deny it, I have in elementary, one time in middle school and few times in high school during my senior year (it got bored and I was starting to get senioritis). During my senior year, I also wrote copy some writteb reports for AP. Bio. class, didn't feel like writing the whole paper and got away with it . But just very few, got away will most of them. Oh well,

Never, I consider it to be as low as cheating on sig others. I've reported several cheaters as a student and had to discipline a few as a TA. Cheating is a serious act of dishonesty and as most class grades are based on your performance in relation to your classmates it is a wrong against them as well. Academic dishonesty has become a serious offense at many schools, evidence of cheating is grounds for expulsion and I have no qualms about reporting anyone.

But I only cheated from elementary to high school, now that's different, the least they'll do, or would have done is parent contact, a scolding byt he teacher, or just give you an "F". But not in college, now that's serious there.

Carnelian, I don't really see how can cheating on test, report be consider equally as cheating in relations, they vary a lot. In a relation you actually hurt someone, you did a major mistake, in a test/report, who on earth you you really hurt? No one just yourself, you yourself get in trouble if you ever get caught, there's no SO in that case. Chetaing on test/papers is minor consider to cheating on relations.

Carnelian, I don't really see how can cheating on test, report be consider equally as cheating in relations, they vary a lot. In a relation you actually hurt someone, you did a major mistake, in a test/report, who on earth you you really hurt? No one just yourself, you yourself get in trouble if you ever get caught, there's no SO in that case. Chetaing on test/papers is minor consider to cheating on relations.

You are committing an act of dishonesty and like I said many times grades are scaled to the performance of the whole class. If you cheat you give yourself a boost that may knock others down in the standing, you don't hurt just yourself, you hurt the grade of every other student. I consider any dishonesty a severe transgression and cheating is dishonesty.

You are committing an act of dishonesty and like I said many times grades are scaled to the performance of the whole class. If you cheat you give yourself a boost that may knock others down in the standing, you don't hurt just yourself, you hurt the grade of every other student. I consider any dishonesty a severe transgression and cheating is dishonesty.

Exactly what I was going to point out, the cursed grading curve.

And why is it so much better to cheat in high school and elementary school? I admit I have cheated on I think two math tests in early high school, because I couldn't remember the formulas. The amount of work I had to put into cheating to do it "successfully" was just not worth it. I could have put in half of the effort and just learned the bloody equations. In elementary school, in the 6th grade I think, I wrote a paper on classic artists and copied a lot of my paper directly from the texts. I didn't know anything about citing works at that point, and learned very quickly exactly what academic dishonesty is.

Cheating just does not pay off. Why put in all of that time and energy to getting away with cheating when you can just learn the material and be better off for it? What if you cheat your way through high school to get top grades to get to a good university. You get to the university and realize you know NOTHING about the material so you cheat to get through the course work (which is actually nearly impossible to do without getting caught). So now you have your degree and you get a job. NOONE is going to help you in the working world. You are expected to know the stuff and if you don't because you never learned it, you won't last very long.

It's just pointless.

I always made good grades without trying, but I was generally friends with people who were a lot more lax about school. When I was in the 8th grade I got sick of being a goody two shoes honor role student and thought it would be fun (?) to use the "answers" to a multiple choice math test that a girl was passing around the hallways (She'd taken the test earlier in the day).

I circled those answers on the test, and was horrified when this total slacker dude (a nice guy, actually) and I were called to the front of the room by the teacher two days later. Turns out that this guy and I had exactly the same answers on the test (we were both friends with the girl), and we'd both gotten Cs!

The teacher didn't know what was going on, so she had us both sit down and take a new test right then and there. I got an A, he got an F. She assumed he'd copied my paper originally, and gave us each the "new" grade that we'd earned.

I felt HORRIBLE about the entire situation and never cheated again. Pragmatically, I never saw the point. Morally, I was really ashamed of myself.

I was taking a class in differential equations my soph year of college, I spent over a week studying for the exam. I had to really work hard at it because I have a terrible memory, but I spent the time to do it. Several students had to take the exam a few days early because there was a conflict with another class, so the prof had us meet at his office. While waiting for the prof to get the papers I noticed one of the girls waiting had her sleeves pulled down over her hands, IT WAS SWELTERING HOT and I'm cold blooded even. When we got to the room to take the exam the prof left for a few moments, the sleeves went up and there up to her elbows were scrawls in bright blue ink! I finished my exam 1st in the group and took it the profs office, I closed the door behind me and told him what I saw. He was such a kind guy and the look of disappointment on his face was so marked that I felt worse telling him than knowing she had cheated. I never saw that girl in class again , but I struggled through the course and got a 'B' on my own merit.

I admire your ethics. I doubt if I would have turned her in. I have this notion that (mis)behaviors will catch up to people one way or another, without my help.

You did your prof, your class, and this girl a favor, though. You saved her the trouble of replicating the stunt and getting caught (or failing a later class b/c of her lack of DiffEQ knowledge).

My theory is that individuals that cheat in classes that are for majors such as engineering, physics, math, or science are doing the world a disservice. Because what happens when they get out into industry and have no idea what they're doing. That's how people die, planes crash, bridges collapse, all due to some miscalculation or flaw. There are reasons we have to learn our skills, we build the world, our work has to be right.

Well yea that's true. In math it's hard to really cheat on that subject cuzx then on the real job, you're gonna have to actually perform the operation, math is something you gotta apply. While on the other written subjects it may be more easier to get away with it and you can basically read it over and over again in books if you didn't understand, with math you can't.

Now this year, on one of my math classes, which I drop it, was getting hard, but plan to get it next semester, did saw a guy with a sheet cheat, we had a quiz. Off course I stay silent, say nothing. But yea if you're really gonna cheat you gotta really watch out, chances, in college that's it with you, you'll expel you. Now college I'm taking it serious, but no, don't think I would report, I dunno unless it does puts the me or the whole class in very serious trouble (for example: if the prof. were to say he/she gonna fail the whole class if none of us tell who cheated), but then other than that, I'll just put it shut, they will find themselves at loss when they dunno what to do when they got their careers.

My uni had a serious issue with a huge number of cheaters in one class last year, they would have had to expel over 400 students, they decided that this would have been a huge media storm so they just lowered all the grades by one letter. I think it would have made some waves, but they should have at least put them on academic probation.

Yeah, I cheated on tests in college. Mostly because they were crap required classes that I had no interest in the subject. I was a design major, what did I care for micro-economics? For my major and minor, all my grades were derived from projects that you made yourself, so it'd be practically impossible to cheat. And obvious if you copied.

I would study for the majority of the test, the concepts I could easily grasp and remember, and the really hard stuff I'd write on a little piece of paper that I'd slip out of my pocket and under the test paper. My sister used to write stuff on her ice tea bottle wrapper and glue it back on, so she could see the writing through the bottle.

I never cheated in high school or middle school. Mostly because I was a good (A-) student and did well in my classes without a whole lot of studying, as long as I paid attention in class and did the homework.

I find cheating takes more energy to pull off than just doing it yourself right the first time.

Not always the case for me in particular; I was assigned to create an original poem on the spot, but couldn't think of ANYTHING. As my eyes scanned over my partner's paper, ideas popped into my head. And as the brain juices suddenly began to flow...

I have never cheated on a paper or report, but I have gotten close by paraphrasing some copied text to make it as relevent as possible to the topic at hand. I've always gotten into the habbit of quoting and citing sources if I feel the need to directly use it in the paper. Of course, quoting sources for 95% of the paper is cheating, as there should be a balance of both -- quoting and analysis/discussion.

Exams, never cheated. I have learned from others that it is pretty unwise to look off someone else's paper, because just because they fill in an answer doesn't mean that it's right.

When you start writing papers and whatnot in college, you realize that cheating can get you kicked out of school. I've always been the "law abiding" type, so I have never felt the need to cross the line just for a chance to improve an assignment.

Well duh, how do you think I graduated, by learning?

Seriously, I've cut class and all but I've never cheated. I never trusted my friends as they were just as dumb as I was. Plus in my day (grandpa alert) all we had was the smartest kid to cheat off of, not this fancy thingamajig they call the internet. My method of studying was to study the important parts of my notes the class before the test and the five minutes prior to the test. A funny story, a friend of mine wanted to cheat off my science paper and I have him all my answers. But what's funny was that he got 10 points higher than I did. #-o Yeah kids, cheating is wrong. [-X

• 2 weeks later...

I remember my chem teacher 2 years ago showed us this news article about this kid who tried to cheat on an exam.

He had an empty water bottle with him beside his exam paper, and he had sneaked in the answers by writing them in the inside of the plastic bottle the night before. He was caught of course.

He had an empty water bottle with him beside his exam paper, and he had sneaked in the answers by writing them in the inside of the plastic bottle the night before. He was caught of course.

LOL, now that was so pretty obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet he prollie got suspended or excelled.