hi

i firstly want to thank everyone who has given me advice recently through this very tough time, It makes all the difference and got me thinking straight again.

i like most of you lost my gf around 2 weeks ago now. Itried everything to get her back, begged cried etc.

I listened to the advice from posts on this site, and have to say its the way forward. I urge anyone who has broken up to read very carefully to advice posted.

No contact!...This is very difficult but i cut the ex out to a degree that i was only speaking to her regarding our son. She wanted space i give her it. She went out clubbin with her friends, had time to her self. It was very difficult for me at this stage as i still madly loved her. I wondered what she was doing, who she was with etc. This is all normal, the days seemed long and meaningless.

I decided all the moping must stop, I made some goals which i want to achieve in the future and planned my future without her.

Today i dropped my son off and the ex stated she wanted to speak to me later. when she eventually spoke with me she told me that she made a mistake and misses me lots. I was really happy at this stage but kept my emotions IN. I toldher that we should take things slow and still ahve a little space so we dont fall back into the same problems which we had.We chatted about things that were wrong in the relationship and have decided that we will give it another go.

My advice

Talk to people, dont sit around on your own.

Keep busy with friends, the more you do the less you will think about it. The quicker you will move on

Dont think they are coming back. Think about your future. Otherwise you are holding on for something that might not ever happen. If you think you wont get back you will move on quicker making the whole situation less painful.

Plan your future, set goals and make them happen. Work on your self.

THE MOST IMPORTANT! no matter how hard or how difficult it seems. Go NO CONTACT, otherwise your ex really wont have time to miss you and will just get fed up of your actions to get her/him back. By not contacting them they will "wonder why, what YOUR doing, WHO you are with etc etc. They will enjoy the split at first as its a breath of fresh air.But then reality will hit them. At this point you will be well on your way "moving on" and they will contact you.

My thoughts are with everyone who is in this situation. as its a very very painful experience.

After going through this and getting back with her i am not about to forget about this forum. If anyone wants to chat about anything you can do by adding me to msn, PM etc.

ONE LAST THING!

**If you do get back and the reason for the breakup was because you took him/her for granted, didnt treat them correct etc. Just look back to these days "the pain you experienced" and think...do i really want to go through that again! im sure i dont and i wont be taking her for granted thats for sure.I have realied how important my partner is and how much i love her!