Question for the gals

(Another question, I know...)

Anyway, I have a quick question for all the ladies. What exactly is it that you look for in a guy? What type of characteristics or qualities are important to you in a man? Why is this so?

I'm trying to get an understanding to see if there is a general consensus of what women tend to go for in a man. You can describe looks, personality, whatever you value in a guy. Although please try to describe more than just personality traits because no one gets into a relationship simply based on one's personality. Looks do matter, as much as we hate to admit that.

Hi Kevin. What I usually look for in a guy is honesty, trustworthiness (meaning if he says he is going to do something, he actually does it), affectionate, loving, and a sense of adventure. I like guys who aren't too shy because I am shy myself and I need someone to bring me out of my shyness at times. What a guy does and how much money he makes doesnt really bother me, but the guy has to be comfortable with stuff I like to do and be open to things and vice versa for me.

In terms of looks, I like a guy who dresses decently and isnt too tall. But then everything is tall to me ha ha!

I look for sense of humor... considering I like a person that can make me laugh.. that's just me. Other traits are sense of compassion, honest and trustworthy, and able to be open to anything and everything. But most importantly, a person who is willing to accept me for who I am, not what they want me to be.

(Another question, I know...)

Anyway, I have a quick question for all the ladies. What exactly is it that you look for in a guy? What type of characteristics or qualities are important to you in a man? Why is this so?

I'm trying to get an understanding to see if there is a general consensus of what women tend to go for in a man. You can describe looks, personality, whatever you value in a guy. Although please try to describe more than just personality traits because no one gets into a relationship simply based on one's personality. Looks do matter, as much as we hate to admit that.

He's got to be attractive to *me*--(i.e. physical chemistry); he does not have to be attractive to anyone else but me.

I'd like it if he believed in a higher power (spirituality) and a good sense of morality; a good sense of family; and gives me the respect that I give to him; he takes a genuine interest in what I am doing in life and doesn't smother me.

He's smart and ambitious in the pursuit of knowledge and travel; he does what he says he will (i.e. reliable, sticks to his word); he takes care of himself (i.e., likes to exercise, not a couch potato).

He doesn't have to be the most outgoing person in the world either....I like the stong silent types.

hosswhispra

looks: taller than me, not too skinny, strong hands, shaggy hair... thats about it

Aha. If this is a common trend amongst females, then this explains why I constantly get picked over by women. I'm quite thin, so this may well explain a lot.

A good looking and honest one who listens and cares about you. As for shy guys, I don't remind, I'm shy myself sometimes, they're the best. Things I don't like in guys: Self-centered ones, attention seeker, constant callers, horny, loud ones, and losers with no future, without an education.

I personally have always gone for the skinnier guys, not the "built" guys....might be just me though.

Personality: He'd be funny (I like to laugh till it hurts) and think I'm funny, kind, compassionate, passionate about something in life (and me, of course!), talented at something (sorry, that's hot), affectionate, at least somewhat sociable, reliable, honest, willing to always be growing and learning, be willing to learn more about my interests even if he doesn't share all of them, preferably believe in some kind of higher power, be constantly amazed by our world and give really, really good hugs. A love of music and literature is a huge bonus.

Looks: Nice smile, warm genuine eyes....anything else is too subject to personality. Honestly, the more great personality traits someone has, the better-looking they are to me. I don't care if anyone else thinks the guy I'm dating is hot...in fact I have different taste from most of my friends.

personally, i looked for something completely different to what i got, and found it to be better than what i was looking for. My boyfriend is not sweet, complimenting me all the time etc.. but when he does do those things, it matters more, i love his ambition, his independance, he's really smart, but he knows it!.. Just someone who wants to do something with their life is attractive, gotta be a bit good looking, but i couldnt point out what exactly is good looking. My boyfriend is gorgeous! in my opinion, but alot of people probably would say he isnt.. so ya know

Hey Kevin!!

Let Me Just Start By Looks. I Consider Myself To Be Very Weird And Different From Most Of Th Girls. I Do Not Have Any Picture Of Perfect Looks In Guys. He Does Have To Have A Nice Behind And Some Legs. Please No Six Packs!!!! I Love Me Some Guts ( Not So Big That You Look Pregnate). Hahaha. But Please Bring Some Skin On You. Most Of The Guys That Ive Been With Have Attracted Me Because Of Their Confidence Or Carisma. Guys Always Have To Have Carisma And Confidence Without Going Overboard That You Seem Conceited. It's Such A Turn On. The Rest Of The Requirements Include: Good Sense Of Humor With A Little Sarcasm, Sweetness, Manners And A Little Bit Of Rudeness At The Same Time. Good Taste In Romantic Music Cause You Gotta Dedicate Songs To The Ladies!!! Has To Know How To Dance, Great In Bed. Can't Forget About That. Thoughtful. And Then I Guess The Rest Which Is Honesty, Faithful (very Important) Patient, Sociable, Gotta Have A Passion For Something But Not More Than The Passion He Has To Have In Me!! Smart, Responsible, With A Great Heart. A Man Of His Word. And I Feel Im Describing My Bf, Hahaha. He Has To Be Horney And Down For Anything That I Want To Do, (willingly). He Has To Take Me To The Games With Him And Watch Sports With Me Too,(sometimes) Not Just The Boys!!!by The Way I Forgot, Dark Eyes And Dark Hair!!! I Think That's Enouhg. What Do You Guys Think? Is There Someone Like That Here??? Just Wondering!!

well dude, for what i can see all the girls here have something in common. You gotta be confident and have a good sense of humor. Cocky & funny at the same time. If you can master only that 2 aspect I am sure you can get alot of dates. (takes time trust me..lol) Looks aren't has important to them as they are for us. Lucky us?!?

Every men, and i mean EVERY men aren't indifferent to the charms of young women...

I like men who are open and honest. That care about what I think and how I feel. I want someone who will respect my goals in life. I want someone who has interests as varied as my own and is willing to share them all with me. He doesn't have to like everything about me, but he has to be willing to accept me as a whole and not carve out the stuff he doesn't like. I don't care much about any particular body types or ethnicity, I happen to look more to eyes and hands and don't understand the cute butt thing .