Can you describe an orgasm?

I was thinking about the feelings involved when I orgasm and it's really hard to pinpoint eaxactly how it feels when it happens, I guess there is a tingly feeling and then a rush of euphoria? I feel like I get some kind of orgasmic amnesia afterwards coz it's really hard to think back about how I actually felt?

Can anyone accurately describe the feeling of an orgasm? Just out of interest.

There is the physical feelings part, then there is the other "feelings" ...

Here's the physical part:

I would think a way of describing the physical sensations of an orgasm might be things like:

- you might feel tinglings in your genitals (blood pooling there)

- all your senses (nerve endings) very sensitive and "turned on"

- heart going faster

- you have a feeling of euphoria, even dizziness (blood flowing away from the brain)

- you are building up muscle tension

- you start to not feel pain (endorphins)

- for ladies you would be quite wet/moist downstairs as well,

- you might feel like you have to bear down and push some,

- your muscles all over your body but especially your genitals would

tense a few times (or many times) uncontrollably (this is the orgasm peak part)

- you might even hold your breath during that time. (about 10-20 seconds? )

- then you would feel a wave of relaxation all over, release, letting down, perhaps a little dizziness, muscles relax, tiredness, feeling especially close to your partner, feeling the after glow of the connection. Some people even have ringing in their ears (blood running away from your head)

Someone correct me if I describe it wrong from your experience.

Derek - Very descriptive... as usual. Are you some kind of sex therapist? Or are you just very attune to these things?

Shadows - Somehow, I don't think its been that long.

In my opinion, why describe it? Why not just enjoy? I believe an old saying was, a picture is worth a thousand words. The actual experience is so great (particularly with the one you love and pledge yourself too), that it goes beyond words.

Another feeling that comes close is the adrenalin rush you get by doing something that scares the hell outa you. I get a similar rush skiing off cliffs, jumping off bridges into water etc.

It's that inital hit of euphoria/explosion of feeling.

Sex, the extreme sport anyone can participate in!!!

Guess its one of those things that is good when you don't think about what is actually happening. It's like eating something and thinking it tastes good, then realizing its something that would have disgusted you if you knew what it was ahead of time.

Dude, when I was growing up, whenever there was a crisis, I'm sad to say, often the first thing we did was hit the library

So I know a few things about things...

But I'm a journeyman in life just the rest of you schmoes.

Tesseract, I guess the idea is to get to the end and push over the edge(often the guy's 1st goal) but the build up is good too (often the girl's goal is for that to last). I've heard people describe it as ocean waves or pulses of pleasure up and down your body from your head to your toes to your head again.

It can't be all bad, but then again, it's not all that either (Sex isn't everything in life despite what the culture (or boys) say to you)

Tesseract, I guess the idea is to get to the end and push over the edge(often the guy's 1st goal) but the build up is good too (often the girl's goal is for that to last)

As I like to say, its the journey, not the destination. Though the destination is pretty nice as well.

Is it normal to experience that feeling when watching an episode of The Powerpuff Girls? I actually had that feeling 22 years ago... when the Raiders won the Superbowl. It's been downhill ever since, both in football and orgasmic feelings.

Powerpuff girls? Those girls are just scary to me. There heads are just too big. It's frightening.

Remember the short lived cartoon Striperella, with the voice of Pamela Anderson? I bet a lot of guys felt that way watching that show.

I am probably the only guy who is not too crazy about Pamela Anderson anymore. She's too... Made in the U.S.A. if you know what I mean. The original Pamela Anderson, before the boob job, lip puffer upper, eyebrows waxing, ect. was perfect. Why she went and turned herself into a Barbie doll is beyond me. Was that show good? Was it orgasmic?

Premise of the show: A large breasted stripper is really a secret agent. If it is possible to have an orgasm form laughing at how silly and rediculous the show was, then yes it was orgasmic.

Wasn't good. Only could stand to watch a few minutes and only then cause it was on after wrestling. Wasn't worth it.