I had not seen my ex-gf for a month and met this past Saturday for dinner. I had talked with her on the phone lots of times over the month as she wanted the talking to continue. She said "I need space". I gave it to her. So after a month, we went to dinner and then back to her place for a movie. We ended up having sex at the end of the night. On my way home, she called and told me I should have stayed the night. I didn't, I just kept driving. She called me early the next morning for no reason. The following day I spent the night and she told me how much she has missed me and how much she still loves me, and how much fun she had, and then I told her the same. She wanted space so I gave it to her. She was talking with other people during this time as was I. when she heard this, it seemed she was a little jealous. I am seeing her this weekend again as she wants to get together. Can anyone make anything of this? You think these are signs she wants to be togehter still?

Hi there and Welcome.

Ok...now I am all for happy endings and reunions. But there are a few things in your post that make me raise my eyebrow.

"She said "I need space". I gave it to her. "

I believe that when you actually gave her the space, it made her nervous and took her out of her comfort-zone. I notice here A LOT that people have partners whom ask for the space, secretly hoping the other person won't and when the person actually does...the other person comes crying back. That may be the case for your GF. Not sure.

"...it seemed she was a little jealous."

Ok...this does not sit well with me. I believe healthy doses of jealousy is good, it shows the other person he/she is still interested and still cares, and can promote momogomy BUT she asked for space and she dated other people. It was only when you followed suit, she showed any interest. That to me, is a bit manipulative and shows me she wants her cake and to eat it too. Are you certain she is not dating others now? That is something you need to discuss with her.

I truly hope you work things out and start anew but do not confuse this type of jealousy for love. Again, keep the lines of communication open. Best wishes to you and take care.

link removed

You could easily get hurt again here. I think your best bet is to ask her if she wants to have a committed relationship. If she says 'yes' then work out how to do that. If she says anything else then you should explain that nothing short of a relationship will work for you and that thereforeeee you are going to go no contact and move on.

Bottom line - she's either with you or without you.