do people ever mean what they say?

I am writing this as I just need a little encouragement. I have had to go through so much alone and think it sux when people say that they will be there for you and they are not. They go to such lengths to talk you to tears about how much they want to be your friend but when it comes to the crunch don't give a rip. I have had to go through this car accident completely alone and not a single phone call to see how I am or a card from family. I accept that noone cares, but sometimes I feel so alone. I am so unwell and people wonder when I have posted in the past why I work and don't have a break. I simply don't wish to be destitute and have to pay the rent. I have to work until I get compensation, but I have constant panick attacks and suffer from ptsd and claustrophobia as well as the everyday pain I have to live with. I wish I could find just one single person on this earth that meant what they said .

Sorry to sound so angry.

I told my boss how sick I am today because I am past being able to cope.

I can understand how you feel. I have had that happen to me many times, where people tell me that they will be there for me, be my friend, be my support, etc., and then the time comes when I really need them to be there, and they are not there. I hate that when that happens. Since I have been burned like that, I dont trust people very easily and I tend to look at the cup as half empty instead of half full. I also dont make friends easily anymore because I have a bad habit of thinking that if I get close to the person, I will get hurt or I will get let down. That is not a good way of thinking because I also will push people away because I am so afraid to trust people. My ex did try to be there for me a lot, in the ways he could, throughout our relationship but I pushed him away because I didnt trust it and I couldnt handle it. At the end, he got fed up with it and he dumped me.

I guess sometimes we have to trust people that most people will be there for us, and then if they arent, we learn, move on, and dump them as a friend. Most people arent out to hurt us, but a lot of people know to say the words of friendship, but dont know how to act the words of friendship out.

Good luck

There will be those who try to bring us down and say things to hurt us. There will be those who promise us things and then when we need them most, aren't around. And it hurts. I've walked through most of my life feeling that way, that there is no one I can really count on. I reach out to people and I am always there when they need something. But generally, when I need help, no one is there for me. And when I try to talk about things, I've often been put down or told that it's all my fault. Not exactly helpful.

But in us all lies a strength that is surprising. Life can throw all the curves at us it wants, but we can fight and make it on our own. And true friends will be there. Don't lose hope. And if you ever want to talk, you can write me.