Everything's great except...

I really have no idea where to post this and it's embarrassing enough as it is, so I'll put it here.

Little background: I've been going out with this girl for about a month and a half. I won't say I love her because the entire forum will beat me over the head for my age, but she makes me happy and it's been great.

There's just one thing that bugs me: she has a moustache. Other than this, I think she's really attractive and everything; it's just awkward when we're kissing, etc. I never thought I'd be able to say this, but I understand why a lot of women like clean-shaven men.

It gets to me, as I'm sure it would many of the guys here, but I have no idea how to go about broaching the subject. I tried talking about shaving in general (it sounds so strange to type it out) to see if maybe she'd see the - at best - tentative connection, but to no avail.

Having written this post out, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for, but at least I had some place to vent. Thank you eNotAlone for that.

Touchy subject, ladies.... Need to approach her gently, suggestions?

I would probably go with waxing or electrolysis versus shaving conversations. Since shaving her upper lip is the furthest from her mind when you are talking about shaving, I don't think she is getting the hint. Now maybe you can tell her that you were going to consider waxing your own lip because you are tired of shaving and would she loan you some of her facial wax or even help you?

I'm sure the ladies will come with better suggestions but I was looking for a quick answer to get you some relief here.

RC

...hey, i never noticed those fuzzy things before - don't girls wax there?

May work in a few situations of fuzzy parts.

Take it from a girl with dark hair & waxes (a lot more than upper lip, and thank god I'm not as hairy as most girls I know), she knows it's there, she probably doesn't know what to do about it. Before you say anything, call a salon or spa near you and see if they do upper lip waxing (usually under $10) - that way, you can say you know someone who does it and point her in that direction. Pretend that you just noticed - like an "oh, hey".

If you're sixteen, she's likely the same or younger - electrolysis is pricey & it hurts, skip it till she's older. Women should NEVER shave their faces - shaving cuts the hairs at an angle that makes it feel harsher when it grows back.

Waxing is the best bet - fast, easy, cheap, lasts about a month.

I hope that helps.

Sounds like she is sufferring from a endocrine problem called Hirutasim, its when the body hormones responsible for male features (testosterone) are out of control. This can lead to women devolping male like qualities, mustache. Ask her if she has ever been to the doctor to have her testosterone levels checked...other than that, I have no clue how to approach that subject, since Im a girl and if a guy commented on something like that I would be so embarrassed. Well good luck to ya.