My Time's Up...

I think it was a harsh but truth motivational post to encourage Hope to seek help - and I fully agree.

Sometimes you cannot take the world on yourself, and you just have to swallow some pride and seek help.

That may also mean doing a bit of research, to find a free clinic, Hopeofheart. I hope you are reading this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell Hope of heart,. sorry you're feeling this way. Firstlly, i haveto ask do you write prose or poetry? You seem to have a way with words. I know what it feels like to be in your shoes,.But by posting on here, it means thata part of you is still trying to reach out to the world for reassurance.

I am in councelling for OCD and self harm. Earlier this week, i was really down in the dumps and decided to end it all,. by taking an overdose,. but im still here. A part of me wishes it had all ended,. but another part is happy it didnt. I guess we dont always know why life throws some things at us, but you have to realise that you're here for a reason and nothing is ever a coincidence.

Looking back i realise that the hardest and toughest periods of my past are what have shaped me into who i am today and developed my positive qualities. I know its hard. I can totally relate to feeling empty and feeling like death is your only option. Just try to see the bigger picture. things would be okay, Feel free to PM me anytime or email me.

take care

XxX

I know it looks like there's no future for you but there is! I took ill in 1999 and I couldn't move any muscle in my body without screaming. Both my husband and I thought I was dying! Sometimes I couldn't speak!

I was trapped in a vicious circle of pain and depression! Yes, I wanted to commit suicide and if I'd had the strength to crawl to some tablets I'd have done it but the pain was too much to bear! Eventually I ended up in a wheelchair but it was a positive move to becoming well again.

A year later I progressed a bit further and was using crutches or a walking stick. Sometimes I couldn't read or write or speak and I got frustrated and angry at myself.

The only way I could cope was 1 hour at a time! If I visited a relative for 2 hours it took me 3 days in bed to recover but at least I'd achieved something!

3 Years ago I worked out how to commit suicide, because I couldn't cope anymore! I'd got used to the physical problems which changed from day to day but the mental problems I just couldn't accept! The solution to this problem was to see a Psychiatrist and they put me on better medication.

I've seen the Psychiatrist for 3 years and I'm not on tablets now!

Don't get me wrong things aren't always easy. Last year I started to self harm by scratching my skin off. I was angry with myself plus I needed emotional support from my parents and sisters and because I'd overcome my physical problems they'd thought I was ok.

I've had loads of 'ups and downs' over the last 6 years and I've struggled through a lot of them. I have no idea what the future holds for me with my illness (Fibromyalgia Syndrome) but I'll tell you one thing, I'm going to keep fighting! I'm not going on the slippery slide back into a wheelchair or bedridden again! That was HELL! I know sometimes my life still seems like that but I realise how much I've achieved.

I've made a lot of mistakes throughout my life including two failed marriages! I've struggled with not knowing my sexuality for 30 years and now I finally know who I am. I have a Fiancee and I love her very much and we plan to get married in 2007! Yes, things are going wrong for me yet again, we can't be together as soon as we'd hoped but we're determined to succeed and be happy.

The key to everything you need is help from others and DETERMINATION from within yourself.

I know you've got what it takes to get out of this mess the problem is you just have to believe it's inside you. Think of it as being an acorn that is going to grow into a mighty oak tree! You've got to start somewhere!

Good luck and take care and most of all DON'T GIVE IN!

Ok but for someone who is at the end of their rope, they need support rather than a lecture that they have to get out of themselves. While very true, that has to come later on. Someone who is at the end of their rope has usually tried and tried, and has come close to giving up.

Maybe only those who know the deepest darkest pits of depression's living Hell and the isolation it causes, the horrendous emotional pain and misery,the being robbed of the desire to live, the feelings of hopelessness, the personality disintegration, the sheer hell of living day by day searching for a way out but not finding it,the negative thoughts that drive you INSANE , that tell youafter suffering for years to just drive your car into a wall, buy pillls, that make you plan how to end it, the living in another world removed from everyone, wishing and praying that 'someone' would come along and save you but they never do CAN understand why I wrote that and why it needed to be said.... I STAND BY MY WORDS.

Bethany, the point of people coming here is to get helped. As it was mentioned by a few posters, you don't just come out bluntly expecting someone who's on the edge to pull himself out. You are just taking all the human factors out of the equation. From what it's said by the original poster, his problem lies in the realm of finding a job to be independent of his abusive family. I have seen many emotional problems instantiating due to lack of job opportunities among younger people. Bethany, the way you address your statement leaves no room for any hope. Remember, you are trying to help people not push them away by being blindly assertive. Listen to what he has to say then make your comments. From his stand point, he does not need a shrink but rather a job (apparently not the one he currently has). Again, free clinic is not the answer, show him a career agency.

TiredMan, I am sorry but I haven't been able to help Hopeofheart at all since I haven't been around from the start. I was just merely trying to explain to some of the posters that their method of confronting him would not go as they hope. To me helping Hopeofheart is to help him find a job. Have I done that? No. So I am no better than anyone else. I just hope it's not too late.

I don't think he would have been posting in Suicide because he just wanted a job, I feel that he from reading all the posts, he was searching for a way out of his depression and 'hopeless' state of mind.

And I totally agree with darkblue. I also feel that people who have understanding what it is like to be suicidal are the best people to help, not just people with opinions on getting a job.

Hope, you are a young educated man. You've got so much ahead of you. Right now, aye, things look bad. The job market for all is not that great. Especially this time of year. Two steps forward, one step back.

I think every stage of life is like that of childhood. You learn to crawl before you walk.

The main issue here is your environment. If you could find a job then you could make changes to your environment.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.. teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime".

HOPE... as you can see by this forum. You've come to the right place. There are a few people on this thread who may not "KNOW" exactly what you are going through. But they are close enough they can empathize. Let us help you learn how to fish.... let us help you find that job. And lets problem solve together.

I know that when I am entrenched in what appears to be a "PINCER MOVE" I lose sight of how to problem solve. And I'm too darned proud to have other people help me. But I'll tell you HOPE. The older you get...the more you realize we need COMMUNITY. WE need others to survive.

Its the reason man is a social animal. We need each other to survive. We need others. Man wasn't born to walk alone.

So how about it???

Give us a chance to help you, give you a leg up????