I need somebody to help me! Should i get out of this?

me and my boyfriend of a year fell in love at first sight. we had the best love that most people do not experience in a lifetime. i lied to him about something stupid that didn't matter a few months ago, and now we break up about once a week b/c he thinks i am lieing about something. our fights get crazy. he is 200lbs. i am 115 lbs he will throw me accross my bed by my arm. i know he loves me. but he always instills in my mind that he does the things that he does (throw me around, call me stupid, selfish, *beep*, *beep*) because i have done something wrong. and i'm not saying i'm an angel, but i am not as "mean" or "disrespectful" as he makes me think. he has left me about 5 times and each time will come back and we talk and get things straightened out. i keep telling myself next time he does this, its over. i can't do it. i can't let him go. i don't know why? do i love too much? please help me...somebody!!!!

That's not cool, if it's not in a playful way. If he's throwing you around and you want to break up cause of it, then you should. Cause I would think he's doing it for real. It's one thing to lie, but it's another thing to actually use force against you in a serious way over that reason.

I've been there too.... and someone who lays their hands on you in a hurtful way or uses force to make a point does NOT love you.... you are holding onto something that doesn't exist any longer.

Since you posted here I suspect you know it's not only wrong but also dangerous and I hope you will have the good sense to get out before something more serious happens. It's only been 1 year, these types of situations almost always escalate... I almost lost my life.

Get out before it escalates any further and your parents have to bury you. Please.

• 1 month later...

RUN!!! Get out while you can. No matter how angry or upset a person my be if they truly love you they want the best for you. Throwing you around certainly isn't beneficial. You don't deserve this kind of treatment. Obviously any chance of overcoming this obstacle in your relationship is shot. He is telling you he doesn't want to be in a relationship with you when he is treating you like crap. This won't get better. He now sees you as a scapegoat for his problems. He will blame you for bad things that occur in his life from now until kingdom come.

Be strong, there is someone much better for you out there.

No, it's not easy. I was in the same situation for 5 years until I was nearly killed by my ex. It's not easy to leave, but it is necessary if you want to live and be free. It is no life when you live in fear of someone you are supposed to be loved by. This is where women have to take control and remove themselves from the situation. The longer you let yourself be a victim, the longer you will be a victim.