I posted here about two weeks ago, hurt beyone all hell. My ex toyed with me, telling me there was a chance we could get back together and I held on desperately. We even had a date set up where we would talk about how to make things work. Finally yesterday he told me the truth. It's weird, I still hurt but not having that hope anymore makes me feel like I can move on and really can fill the space he left in my life with things for me, things that make me happy. I sent him an e-mail that I would like to share here. It was something I did for me and it just makes me feel better in a sad but I know I'll be happier kind of way.

J, thank you for finally being honest with me today. I'm saying that seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. It hurts to hear that someone does not want to be with you but it is worse to be with someone who really doesn't want to be with you. And it is also much better than waiting for someone to want to be with you. I don't know what else to say now other than that I can move on now. It is better to have nothing than only a part of what I want. No longer am I left wanting and now the hurt I've felt these last few months can finally go away.

Anyway, I wanted to post that because I learned something. I want to be with someone who loves me and can love me as much as I am capable of loving them. I want someone who will not take love, which I truly see as a strong commitment much like marraige, so lightly. And I want someone who will take care of and cherish the most important part of me, my heart.

I'm still sad but not hoping is a wonderful relief. I can move on and someday find the love I really want, one that lasts.

I don't want to fight for love and I don't want to wait for love to happen. To me that's just not what love is anymore.

I am sorry that he toyed with you, but I guess now he is ready to be honest, and that is a good thing, right?

Isn't it nice when you can both be grown ups about the break up, you both know that you are in pain, and will be for a while, but the pain you would endure staying in the relationship would be worse in the end than both of you moving on and going on to bigger and better things.

Anyway, I wanted to post that because I learned something. I want to be with someone who loves me and can love me as much as I am capable of loving them. I want someone who will not take love, which I truly see as a strong commitment much like marraige, so lightly. And I want someone who will take care of and cherish the most important part of me, my heart.

I'm still sad but not hoping is a wonderful relief. I can move on and someday find the love I really want, one that lasts.

I don't want to fight for love and I don't want to wait for love to happen. To me that's just not what love is anymore

Thank you for posting that! Reading that really made me feel better today!