this is worrying me, please reply (girls)

Well, I am kind of concerned about this. But I refuse to go to the doctor simply because I don't know if this is cause for concern, or if it's just me being a hypochondriac. Besides, I don't have medical insurance so it would be a lot of trouble. I'm hoping you guys can give me some answers.

I've always had normal periods and ovulation. Well, the other day I noticed I was bleeding. It was a very, very small amount. Not red, but brownish. And it stopped after one night. So I know I was not ovulating (I have bled during ovulation before, so I thought this could be the cause). It just seems WAY too late in the cycle for me to suddenly be ovulating three days before I am supposed to get my period! But I can think of no other cause for the bleeding. I am not sexually active whatsoever. In fact I am a virgin, so we can rule out STDs and pregnancy. I am not on any medications. I have done nothing out of the ordinary this month. I am worried a little about this, because I just don't see any reason why this should be happening.

Well my guess was pregnancy, but that's not it if you're a virgin. The best thing is really a doctor, but I'd skip it if it's just this one time, probably just leftover blood from your period or something. If it happens again seeing a doctor is really the best thing to do.

How old are you and where do you live? If you are in school there maybe a health center in your area where they will give you a deal because you are a student. It is very cheap. I am guessing that you are not on the pill then either. It also can be stress/ Have you gained any weight recently, drugs, drinking, smoking??

spotting happens from time to time and it is normal. To be sure, you should talk to a doctor.

I know, you don't have health insurance, but I highly highly recommend that you get it. When I broke my bone, something that simple, the total cost of all my treatments was near $3000, of which, I only had to pay a tiny fraction of (around $100) because I had health insurance.

When my dad had leukemia, his treatment cost over $1 million, of which, it was covered by insurance.

I think it's a very very good investment.