Hey all if you need some background information here is the thread that basically explains everything:

link removed

So I did the whole NC thing for about 5 weeks. During this time she didn't contact me either. Actually since we broke up about 6 weeks ago she hasn't initiated contact once, not even to see how I was doing.

So anyway, yesterday was her Birthday and I figured that I wanted to give her something just to show I am thinking of her. I wasn't sure if this counted as "breaking no contact" since it was for a special circumstance. I figured I would feel worse if I didn't do anything for her on her Bithday and I am not a heartless person. So I got her a book and a CD of a band she likes. I made her a card with pictures she liked of herself and didn't write anything about wanting to get back together/miss you sappy stuff about our breakup. I basically just said that I wish her all the hapiness in the world on her special day and that I hoped she was doing well in general and had some luck finding a teaching position. Then I wrote some new things that have been going on in my life and how I have been working on myself to become a better more responsible person. Finally I just said how it will be weird not celebrating it with her this year and not planning our Halloween cotumes which we usually do this year. I also had sent flowers. I even drove the gift to her house and let it in the mailbox so she would have it on her birthday without it arriving late.

So basicaly yesterday came and went and she didn't call me. Not even an email after all the thoughtfullness I did for her. She was never a mean spirited person. I didn't want to get into a whole big thing with her over the past. I would have just liked to hear a "thank you for thinking of me and I am doing well" type of thing. I still haven't heard anything as of today. Unless she is writing me back something in the mail.

What do you guys make of this???

Also something weird is that one of my good friends since I have known since Highschool that she befriended while we were going out and they became real close has not contacted me since me and her broke up.

He had professed that he had feelings for her to her when we were going out but she said she was totally not interested in him even if she wasn't going out with me.

Its weird I haven'T heard from him. I don't know if he just decided to be 100 percent on her side and thinks he can "move in for the kill" now or what. She said she didn't have feelings for anyone else 100 percent the week after we broke up. I just hope nothing fishy is going on.

Thanks for listening and any advice you might have.....

He had professed that he had feelings for her to her when we were going out but she said she was totally not interested in him even if she wasn't going out with me.

This is not a good friend at all! It's possible something's going on between them but you never know. Anyway, I don't think that you should worry too much about him, he clearly never had your best interests at heart if he had the audacity to do this.

As for her not replying yet...there could be tons of reasons. Wait a few more days before you start to think she's ignoring the kindness of your gift.

Most likely something is going on between your ex and your ex-friend. It was probably going on while you two were together, but no use in finding out. It will just hurt you more.

Try not to do the gift thing again. No Contact is No Contact, no exceptions. Giving her this gift has set you back. Leave her alone and start talking to other girls. That will help you most definitely.

I think also on a b-day, NC should not be broken. Clearly you are looking for a response that she won't give to you, and now you are left wondering about her and maybe this friend. Try to maintain no contact, as heloladies said.

You are now blaming her for not responding. What is she supposed to do? I would feel really confused if someone that I broke up with, would go all the way to please me with a gift. I think she feels terribly confused about things, and it's easier not to respond at all than to respond and make things even messier.

Take care, keep focused on yourself now.

Ilse.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been about 2 weeks and still no reply by any means of communications. Not even a simple "Thank You." Now I really feel stupid by giving her anything in the first place. I would have her to have the decency and manners to just express her gratitude. It's not like she had to get into anything about our past.