Oh my god! i did what superdave did and now my ex wants me

Oh my God! today was so cool.

As most of you know, my ex boyfriend broke up with me recently.

Well the past few days have been a nightmare, the past few weeks actually.

I was painfully trying to not pick up the phone and call him, or anything like that.

I also acted happy go lucky infront of him. I did alot of things that my heart didn't agree with and now, my ex and I spent some time together.

We had short conversations about day to day basis and future plans, i never brought up the past or anything.

I simply acted like I love Myself more than the world! 8)

Which was how I was really feeling too.

After weeks of painful heart aching confusion and NC, I simply thought to myself I can't take this anymore? I can't be like this, I am killing myself.

I love myself, I deserve to be happy. My parents also contributed to help in making me feel even more unhappy about the situation by being so over controlling because now I am back staying in their house. They don't even want me seeing him either otherwise they will 'dis-own me' . I know it's horrible to hear that from a parent.

So now I thought, I can't be happy in this place? My parents are not supporting my feelings, my ex has broken my heart. I give up!

I am running away. I need a CHANGe in my life. So I purchased a airline ticket today to go to another State where i can stay with my cousins. There I thought, I'm going to live in Sydney, Find a job, get my own place. I was being somewhat EXTREMELY Selfish. Me me me myself, Love myself, keep myself from unhappy things, be happy, find my own happiness. I shouldn't need to depend on other people's LOVE?

So I am going to Sydney on the 14th of September. Basically when I kept crying and barely sleeping everynight, over a heart ache, Something came over me. It was from Deep down. I realised, we all have this tremendous power deep inside of us, it's not from anybody or anything, it's from us alone. I suddenly hear myself saying, Right I need to get out of this misery, escape whatever u call it. I am a strong person, I love myself and that is enough.

So anyway, feeling that way, my ex called me today earlier and wanted to see me. After I bought the tickets i went and saw him. I didn't intend to show him the tickets but it fell out of my bag and he picked it up.

He went silent for about 10 minutes while we were walking. He was surprised I am leaving the city. I said, I needed a change in life, I can't stand my parents, and I was gonna say (I can't stand the pain you've caused me), but I didn't.

He took a really deep breathe and kind of sighed.

We had our usual conversations, and i never realised how much of great friends we are. I have suddenly felt this strong bond of friendship towards him.

Then he said 'I think I will go to Sydney too'. HE said, because in Sydney where I am going has got more opportunities and so on he thinks.

For a minute there, I thought (Great i wanted to get away from you, but now you're following).

We had a really good time today, laughed, talked, went shopping, had lunch together. I didn't bring up anything about the past, i was basically happy and agreed on whatever he said.

Then, tonight he rang me.

He said, 'I think we will give us another try'. We agreed to meet in Sydney, after i go, he will follow shortly.

He said 'How do you feel about me?, do you want to get back with me? or do you have your eye on someone?'.

And I basically said - 'I don't have my eye on anyone, I am focused on myself right now.'

He said - 'Well today I have felt alot of love again towards you, and I do feel that we will get back together again.'

I said - 'Well, i don't mind getting back with you, but at the meantime i am more focused on making money, spending time with my cousins in Sydney and being free from my parents'.

HE said - 'I know money is a big problem right now, money is the only thing that's coming between us.' He said he will also focus on working and money and then things will be fine between us.

He's been finding it hard to keep a job and he's unemployed at the moment, so now he's planning to go to Sydney after me and work there.

So yeah that's what happened today.

But whatever happens, It's important that I do LOVe myself more than anything and I need to be happy and not depend on other ppl's love or expect anything.

Yes, good luck! "Don't worry be happy!" he he

I'm in the same situation you were.. and your post really got me seeing that the love i need, is right inside of me! you know when my ex breakup with me.. all i wanted was just to write her name on all the walls, in all the bridges, in all the cars! Love taken to the level of madness.. Love is a ilness when we though it's our cure..

I wish i could be more like you! i admire you braveness!

Thats awesome unchained melody! Im so happy for you!

I've been following your story for the last couple weeks and i have been basically in the same position as you. I took all the advice on this forum and it has been working great for me too. On sunday my ex told me that she still liked me and wanted to get back with me, but she is still nervous so we agreed to just take it slow and be friends and see what would happen.

I think it is very important that me and you don't give to much of ourselves to our ex's right now. We have to stay focused on ourselves. Show him love, but at the same time hold something back and make your ex realize that you will be happy with or without him. Take it slow and let him make all the moves.

Good luck!

-brandon

thats fantastic news i wish i was in that same boat as you. my ex wants to spend time with me and says he still loves me but i think he is living with other woman not too sure he says we need to be friends before we can be anything else, i would just like to know how he feels about other woman/girl he wont tell me is feelings for me but people say he must still have them if he wants to see me but at the end of the day he isnt back with me. great for you though

Hi everyone and thanks for replying.

I guess i am kind of happy right now. But I am a little cautious towards him. It's weird that for weeks he's been nothing to me but cold and neglecting and now he acts as if he's never had a relationship with me before. Yesterday, he kissed me and we made out a little. But.. i feel different?

I feel like he's changed into somebody else. Sure he says he loves me now and he says we're meant to be together, but the way he acts is suprisingly different compared to how he treated me (like garbage) before.

Does anyone think this is kind of suspiscious?

Now that I tell him I am leaving town, he starts acting like that and wants to come and live with me in Sydney.

I don't know. I am just surprised I guess.

I also got another problem. It's my Parents.

I don't know if some of you have read my post about my parents being over controlling. Well my parents don't like him.

They said, that if they ever see me with him again, my parents will 'dis-own me' i am terrified.

I haven't slept well for the last couple of nights just thinking about what my parents said.

Yes I am going to Sydney to get me my freedom, and to be with my ex again. But when my parents find out I am living back with him, I will be in dumpster land.

I feel kinda lost just thinking about my parents never supporting me ever again just because I can't follow their wishes. I need to learn my mistakes by myself.

Does anyone think, I mean as a parent do you think my parents will turn their backs on me if they catch me with my ex again? I am their only child.

Unchained Melody,

I'm so stoked for you, thats so gold. I'd be very happy if I were you though still rather cautious but you never know until you try and remember no matter how much it hurts you do eventually heal. I'm glad your not too scared and he isn't either to give it another go. Remember to keep us posted on how it turns out.

Of course I don't know your parents but I can't imagine them "disowning you" because of who you date. There are probably just being protective because they saw how hurt you were by him.

Stoked your coming to Sydney too, greatest city in the world!.

Congrats!

Something must be in the air. I did as SuperDave said. I went NC.. And did everything for me..

My ex can't stop calling me last night. Crying. Pouring her heart out to me, but also trying to hold it back.. She's about to trip over herself trying to see me as soon as possible..

So who knows?! Maybe I'll get my true love back..