Why does she do this?

Okay,

There's this girl I used to date. It didn't work out the way we wanted it to end. Anyhow, Lately, everytime I see her on the cafeteria - She grabs her cellphone and starts to call someone and put the volume really loud and makes sure I hear that she's talking to some guy. It happened more than once...I was with my friends when I got off the subway she did the same thing...

Just wondering..what is she trying to imply? It's not like I'm interested on her anymore anyway....

lol..

She's either not over you or very immature. She's trying to make you jealous. Maybe you should confront her the next time she does it. That'd be pretty funny. She puts the volume up on the phone, and you walk over to her and say something along the lines of "I've noticed you always put the volume up on your phone when you see I'm around so I'll notice you're talking to a guy. Are you trying to make me jealous? I don't care if you're dating anyone...."

lol. Has anyone else ever done this? This kind of situation isn't rare.

If I were you.. when this happens next time, I would walk right by her.. get out your phone.. do the exact same thing she is doing to you.. and give her a "I know what your doing but you have no affect on me" smile. That would be so great, sounds to me she is just another jealous girl.

if shes attempting to make you jealous shes immature.

id crack on her if i were you. if shes blatenly talking loud say something equally as annoying like: "HEY!!!!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!?!?! OF COURSE I CAN B/C YOURE SCREAMING LIKE AN OBNOXIOUS PAIN IN THE *beeeeeep*"

or simply say "hey loudmouth!! mind turning it DOWN a few decibels?! good Lord your voice can wake up the dead!"

or "...the deaf just called they said STFU!"

laugh it off & walk away.

-DG724

I think that ignoring her (if you're not interested) is the absolute best way to handle this situation. Any reaction at all is going to let her know that you actually care - and notice what she's doing.

After all, if you really didn't care about her, wouldn't you just laugh it off and think she had problems? If you let her know that you notice, she'll think it bothers you and she'll win.

well, Ignoring her is what I've been doing.

I look at her occasionally though...so I guess I shouldn't look at her at all.

It's my friends who do the laughing though...

I'm just too nice to walk by her and make the stuffs you guys mentioned...thanks btw...

Or you can just ignore it. People hate it when they try to get a reaction and get ignored.

I think that ignoring her (if you're not interested) is the absolute best way to handle this situation. Any reaction at all is going to let her know that you actually care - and notice what she's doing.

Golden.