WHY IS IT GOOD TO BE A WOMAN? Women and mens opinions please

Hi everyone,

I've been a bit down over the past couple of days and finding myself being jealous of men because i feel as if women are sometimes very hard done by and that men are seen as the dominant and more important sex.

I was just wondering if anyone could share with me why they are proud to be a woman, or i would like to hear men's opinions too.

Thanks

I love being female (and single) because:

- I can wrap myself up in my double duvet cover, sit and watch movies, with a huge tub of icecream and blame it on mood swings.

- I can have so many different hairstyles if I get bored. I can dress up, make myself look pretty.

- I can spend hours in the bathroom without an excuse.

- I have lots to prove, and can get out and do it. Even if I get criticised by lots of men and women alike, today's society allows me to do what I like.

- According to the pagan religion, women are deeply worshipped because they give birth to new life. You don't even have to believe in the religion to know that not many men can do that!

Ok I know what you mean about the male vs female thing. But I think that being a women is far far better then being a man. No offense to men, Im not saying it's not good to be a man, I love men, Im just saying I would rather be a women.

My reason....Think about it, a lot of people think that this particular part of being a women sucks but we get to have kids. I know labor isn't a wonderful thing, but those nine months you are carring around your baby, you develop a bond with eachother that the father will never have.

I don't know that might sound silly to some people but I just love babies so so much, they are so cute, and we get to stay and take care of them and do most of the rasing (that is if we are at home moms).

Women get to choose and they can have sex with anyone they please (well ... atleast women have more options than men). Men have to do all the work to start a relationship ... Women can just sit back, relax and enjoy the dates maybe even manipulate guys to an extent to get favors done.

The best thing about being a woman is our femineness. I love that fact that we can be delicate with ourselves. I would hate to be a beasty female! The worst part about being a woman is putting up with our periods and having to go through labor. But hey, at least that's what also makes us stronger, mentally and emotionally!

Another added benefit about being a woman is that not only are we intellegent, but we also have this softness about ourselves mixed in with fiestiness that can get away with! The dymamics of being a woman is what makes us each specual and unique! (I also love how Rose quotes it in the ending scene of Titanic "A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets".)

I will have to disagree with you on that, ... You dont hear from women complaining in this or any other forum saying 'i am lonely and need a guy to have sex with'; guys on the other hand frequently do. If a woman does not have an active sex life, its probably because she chose not to for various reasons. Its not necessarily the case with guys. Another point to think about ... a lot of psycho killers are lonely(probably even ugly) males in their middle age who have gotten desperate. There aren't that many women psycho killers.

WARNING! HUMOR ALERT!

The following is intended to be funny. If you have no sense of humor, or if you sense of humor is in the shop for repairs and/or maintenance, please don't read any further.

Thank you.

I'M GLAD I'M A WOMAN

I'm glad I'm a woman, yes I am, yes I am.

I don't live off of Budweiser, Beer Nuts and Spam.

I don't brag to my buddies about my erections.

I won't drive to Hell before I ask for directions.

I don't get wasted at parties, and act like a clown.

And I know how to put that damned toilet seat down!

I won't grab your hooters, I won't pinch your butt.

My belt buckle's not hidden beneath my beer gut.

And I don't go around "re-adjusting" my crotch,

or yell like Tarzan when my headboard gets a notch.

I don't belch in public, I don't scratch my behind.

I'm a woman you see-I'm just not that kind!

I'm glad I'm a woman, I'm so glad I could sing.

I don't have body hair like shag carpeting.

It doesn't grow from my ears or cover my back.

When I lean over you can't see 3 inches of crack.

And what's on my head doesn't leave with my comb.

I'll never buy a toupee to cover my dome.

Or have a few hairs pulled from over the side.

I'm a woman, you know-I've got far too much pride!

And I honestly think its a privilege for me,

to have these two boobs and squat when I pee.

I don't live to play golf and shoot basketball.

I don't swagger and spit like a Neanderthal.

I won't tell you my wife just does not understand,

or stick my hand in my pocket to hide that gold band.

Or tell you a story to make you sigh and weep,

then screw you, roll over and fall sound asleep!

Yes, I'm so very glad I'm a woman, you see.

Forget all about that old penis envy.

I don't long for male bonding, I don't cruise for chicks.

Join the Hair Club For Men, or think with my dick.

I'm a woman by chance and I'm thankful, it's true.

I'm so glad I'm a woman and not a man like you!

A look through the history books, and current studies would say otherwise. Look at Karla Homolka. Often "psycho killers" rampages have nothing to do with sex and loneliness...often they had a pattern since youth..due to either mental issues, or choices they made in life.

There are many women who miss companionship and wish they had it, though they are less likely to say "I miss sex" sometimes they do indeed say so, but they are more likely to say "I am lonely and miss companionship" as they also associate intimacy more with companionship.

Serial killers tend to be white, heterosexual males in their twenties and thirties who are sexually dysfunctional and have low self-esteem. Their methodical rampages are almost always sexual in nature. Their killings are usually part of an elaborate fantasy that builds to a climax at the moment of their murderous outburst. Serial killers generally murder strangers with cooling off periods between each crime. Many enjoy cannibalism, necrophilia and keep trophy-like body parts as mementos of their work. Serial killers are sadistic in nature.

I found this quote in a book about Serial killers ... I am open to correction if you have better information. I apologize for hijacking the topic and making it into a discussion on serial killers I agree that women in general value intimacy more than sex. I also agree that just because women CAN get sex easier doesn't necessarily mean they will.

shes2smart LMAO!!!

I don't think it's 'better' to be a man or woman. But I can tell you one thing that I REALLY HATE about being a woman. And that is the way other women can make you feel about your 'visible femininity'

Examples!

1. Oh, Ilse, you are wearing a SKIRT! I KNEW you could look like a woman!

This was last week at my graduation and I did dress up and I have worn skirts before, I just need to find that perfect one I feel comfortable with.

2. You should REALLY wear make-up

For the record, I don't. I like myself the way I look naturally. I will cover up a pimple if it's right there on my nose, but I have noticed covering up creates more of that species

3. Ah, you really have no chest, now have you? We need to order a bra in your size if you want to buy one here

No comments. This really hurt me at that time.

4. Why don't you grow your hair or nails? You always have short hair and never wear any colors on the nails!

ok, so I am a swimmer and my hair is thin, my face really looks great with a short kinky haircut, and I play cello and nails need to be short for that. PLUS: long nails make an AWFUL sound on pc-keyboards, and they break

I hate this focus on the exterior that particularly holds for women. I am not saying MEN don't suffer from similar things. I just have little to no experience as a man

Ilse.

2. You should REALLY wear make-up

For the record, I don't. I like myself the way I look naturally. I will cover up a pimple if it's right there on my nose, but I have noticed covering up creates more of that species

The only time in my life I've worn make up on a regular basis was when I was in college, and coincidentally it was the same period of time I had an active eating disorder.

Now, I'm 41 and I don't look it. I got carded trying to buy a lottery ticket a few weeks ago. I see other women my age and I know I don't look that old. I honestly believe this is due in part to the lack of commercial beauty products (make-up and the like) I have used in my life. I use a cleanser recommended by a dermatologist I saw once (Cetaphil) and a very basic moisturizer and that's it.

Shes2smart, funny, it is the same for me. I used make up when I was anorexic (15-18 ), mainly to either cover up my completely worn out face or to do the opposite trying to even make it look worse (which was when I started healing and thought gaining 1 pound was the same as becoming overweight , and in fact I was even scared at some point to look well )

Mr.B, love your quote.

Ilse.