The lack of love in my life is tearing up my soul

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I can tell you this, a GF is not going to help you get over the loneliness and your depression. Those are signs of other issues with yourself, the lack of GF is just another symptom.

I disagree. I'm in the same situation as him. I've recently become depressed because of lack of companionship. I'm 24, and I've never had a gf. Before about 5 months ago, though, I wasn't depressed or anxious at all. I never thought about being alone. I actually preferred it that way. But after you go so long without companionship it's going to get to you. Biology has a lot to do with this.

Dude you're depressed and a killjoy, you got to work on your attitude and whats holding it back, it sounds like you have other issues besides just finding girls.

I used to be really fat and overweight and it scared ALL women away from me, as soon as I got thin it became much easier to meet and have sex with women, believe me if you want to change your life you have to realize that BEING ATTRACTIVE AS POSSIBLE (personality, physically, financially, etc), i.e. going to the gym, shaping up, etc, is a necessity if you want to increase your odds of attracting women, the game is to ATTRACT THEM, not REPEL THEM, think about all the things about you or your perosnality that repel them and find the ones you can work on and do it, you'll gain confidence as well.

This might work for you, but it doesn't work for me. I'm not ugly by no means mind you. I've had plenty of people compliment me on my looks. I get looks from girls and women all the time. Yet I'm 24, and I've never had a gf. I've never even had a girl that was a friend.

I have a negative attitude about it now because I've been single for so long. I haven't always had this attitude, but after you see no improvement for an extended period of time it makes you develop a negative attitude.

Before anyone starts putting the cart before the horse, this is a result of being single for so long, not a cause. I haven't been walking around for the last 10 years with a negative attitude about this. So don't tell me that my attitude is the reason I've been single for so long.