Text from the ex to pick up her things!

Just received a text from the ex basically just saying. Hope you are ok, want to pick up my things if you haven't burned them, could you let me know when ok for you. Thanks

I really dont want to see her, I feel so awful now just receiving that. Please help, I was feeling alright now I feel gutted inside.

DN has given you some workable suggestions.

Please make the effort to get her things back to her. There have been several threads here recently about people who are on the other side of this kind of situation (ex has their things, but does not return the items & avoids them), and I have been on that side as well...and it sucks about as bad as your side of it.

The sooner you can get her things back to her, the sooner both of you can get on with your separate lives. As long as you still have her stuff, she's got reason to contact you.

how do I reply to her text though? If I say I dont want to see her then she will know I am not over her!

"I'm really busy with work (school or other plausible time sink), it would be more convenient for me to just (mail/ship or give it to mutual friend) your stuff to you"

how do I reply to her text though? If I say I dont want to see her then she will know I am not over her!

"I'm really busy with work (school or other plausible time sink), it would be more convenient for me to just (mail/ship or give it to mutual friend) your stuff to you"

good idea but you don't even have to find a plausible reason - just say "I am very busy and can't guarantee a time so ....

You see what I dont get is when she left her husband two years ago, she left most of her belongings, I think she took her clothes and that was it. All she has left at mine is a pair of jeans and a few tops and a spare pair of hair straighteners. The last contact I had was 6 weeks ago and she bit my head off asking if I was trying to spoil her birthday. Why has she managed so long without these clothes but suddenly needs them? Why can she leave all that stuff behind with her ex husband but not leave a few things with me?

It's just an excuse to make contact with you. Don't reply to the text, pack up her stuff, and she'll have no reason to contact you. As for that kiss at the end of the text, she's just playing with you now. Get off the cpu, find a box, pack up her stuff, hit the post office, and then come back and talk to us. We'll still be here, but the sooner you take care of this the better.

It's just an excuse to make contact with you. Don't reply to the text, pack up her stuff, and she'll have no reason to contact you. As for that kiss at the end of the text, she's just playing with you now. Get off the cpu, find a box, pack up her stuff, hit the post office, and then come back and talk to us. We'll still be here, but the sooner you take care of this the better.

I agree - don't start analysing why she is doing what she is - it will drive you nuts.

Well said. Quit talking about it and do it! You'll feel better.

Throw a pair of your dirty underwear in there for good measure.

Tell her you'll either send them to her, and get it done. Or drop them with a mutual friend or a have one of your friends give it to her or meet here when she stops over to pick stuff up. You have no use for it, and she just may need it. There's a way to go about it without seeing her.