I might be going a bit gaga

I don’t know her net worth, nor do I care. But based on the fact that she owns a well established business, and the clothes and jewelry she wears and the car she drives, I’m sure she has more money than I do. I tend to agree with overall sentiment in this thread. Her intentions don’t seem too great. 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, smackie9 said:

I get it her looks are keeping you there, but something doesn't feel right. You are a grown a$$ man, just tell her you are not interested in going to these events, you already have attended a few. If that scares her away then you just found out her motivation.

Really? I’m a grown a$$ man? I didn’t know that. Thanks for the update, lol. But yeah, if she asks me to the event again, I’ll decline. It’s a pretty good sign that she’s not interested.

4 hours ago, jul-els said:

...and the clothes and jewelry she wears and the car she drives, I’m sure she has more money than I do.

It's not uncommon for people to rent that stuff or pay for it via instalments in order to project an image of affluence - especially when they're trying to lure others in to whatever their agenda is.

4 hours ago, jul-els said:

But yeah, if she asks me to the event again, I’ll decline. It’s a pretty good sign that she’s not interested.

Be blunt and say something along the lines of "Thanks but I'm not interested in those events - but I'm definitely interested in you" and gauge her reaction.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, AndyPandy said:

It's not uncommon for people to rent that stuff or pay for it via instalments in order to project an image of affluence - especially when they're trying to lure others in to whatever their agenda is.

Be blunt and say something along the lines of "Thanks but I'm not interested in those events - but I'm definitely interested in you" and gauge her reaction.

I’m not that into her to say that. Her interest in me is pretty low, which doesn’t leave me much to be interested in. I’ve already taken her out twice. I’ll wait and see if she calls next week and if she does I’ll see what she says. I think this pursuit has run its course. 

• Like 1

So, she did text me today, the day before her group meeting. The only thing she said was to ask if I wanted to attend the meeting.

I replied, “I’m not sure if you’re interested in getting to know me, or if you’re interested in getting me to join your group, lol. I’ll pass on the meeting. Thank you (her name).”

She replied, “No worries.. I just feel awful because I haven’t done what I say I was going to do.. my sincere apologies.”

I texted back, “That’s okay, no worries 😊

Huh. Okay. I guess that’s that, lol. 

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, MissCanuck said:

She isn't interested in dating you, and now you know. 

She saw you as business potential for herself. Next! 

Yup. Oh well. I’m glad I didn’t waste much time. 

5 hours ago, jul-els said:

Yup. Oh well. I’m glad I didn’t waste much time. 

Not sure if you're up for reporting her to the site -I'm sure using the dating site for her business is a no no.  I mean I'd be tempted.  I'm sorry she treated you so disrespectfully.

37 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Not sure if you're up for reporting her to the site -I'm sure using the dating site for her business is a no no.  I mean I'd be tempted.  I'm sorry she treated you so disrespectfully.

They always ask for feedback when you meet someone, so I did mention it. I’m moving on. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, jul-els said:

I replied, “I’m not sure if you’re interested in getting to know me, or if you’re interested in getting me to join your group, lol. I’ll pass on the meeting. Thank you (her name).”

She replied, “No worries.. I just feel awful because I haven’t done what I say I was going to do.. my sincere apologies.”

What did she say she was going to do that she hasn’t actually done? 

Did you mention at any time that because you're self-employed you were interested in learning about her networking group? Cause if you have she might have thought she was helping you.   

Anyway, this is one of the problems with sites that make their living off of matching you up. They want you to join their site and be matched up over and over again even if you have no interest in a person they match you up with. It is a way of perpetuating the match making process. 

Either way, her response and your explanation make sense. It's probably best to just move on.

When you mentioned that ‘I feel like she's out of my league, very classy and has more money than me’. You disempowered yourself and likely programmed yourself or set an expectation that this lady, who is eight year your junior, might not be interested in a man who is not in a similar social or economic class.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, yogacat said:

Anyway, this is one of the problems with sites that make their living off of matching you up. They want you to join their site and be matched up over and over again even if you have no interest in a person they match you up with. It is a way of perpetuating the match making process. 

This is true. Matchmaking has became a business now. So its not in their best interest for you to actually find somebody. So they will purposely match you with some people or even withhold matches from you so you would maybe buy subscription for a few months more. 

Sorry about a woman being like that. Sadly, lots of them are not there to find someone but have an ulterior motive.