My Co-Worker Again....Ugh!

14 hours ago, rainbowsandroses said:

, I just told my other boss (the one I am not that tight with) and he said he totally understands why I would be upset and asked what he could do (he offered to buy me a coffee later).

He also said he and Xxxxx (the other partner) are aware and dealing with it.....

If you have already discussed this with the higher ups there's no point telling her off. She seems catty and petty and the higher ups know about it. Avoid the litter box and rise above things.

• Like 1

There was an acquaintance that would offer me advice sometimes.

But she did it in a covert way that made it seem like she was trying to be helpful but in reality she was trying to knock me down a peg. Initially I would look at what she said and accepting it at face value, then I started analyzing it repeating it, that's when I saw what was going on.

She liked getting under people's skin, especially mine because she perceived that as competition...  

I would try and stay on task. But it was almost like a form of gaslighting, did I misunderstand her meaning? Was I blowing things out of proportion? It was like kind advice mixed with hidden barbs, if that makes sense.

I'm sorry, it's hard to explain, but I really do get it now....

I think she likes the fact that she could have some influence over people's perception of me, which it occurred to me that could be clever way to keep me off balance and allow herself to undercut me.

In any event, moving in silence can be correct at times... 

Update guys:

So this morning I was training her on something the way the partner had trained me and how he wants it done (and how I have been doing it for years) and she had a BIG issue with that literally yelling - IT'S NOT CORRECT, blah blah blah.

I told her calmly it's the way Xxxxx instructed me, how we've been doing it for years (it pertains to Adobe electronic signatures on documents) and how he prefers it, and she continued to yell -- YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME, IT'S NOT HOW IT'S DONE!!   She said she needed to walk away because I was not listening to her.

One of the other staff members heard her and told Xxxxx and he called me into his office and asked me what happened, I told him and I also told him what she had said yesterday about how I am "not running on all four cylinders," and unlike the other partner I told yesterday, Xxxxx was SHOCKED and said, that is NOT acceptable, that is NOT how we conduct ourselves around here and said he would take care of it!  He was SUPER pissed!

I asked him not to as I have to continue working with her and training her, but he was so angry, he again said it's NOT acceptable and he was NOT going to let it go even if it is a personality clash of sorts.

I suppose the shyt was gonna hit the fan eventually, and this is it....

I will keep y'all updated on what happens.....

1 minute ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I asked him not to as I have to continue working with her and training her,

Avoiding the issue will almost guarantee it will continue.

I get that you don't want your last few weeks there to be unpleasant but they will be if she's allowed to use abusive language with zero repercussions.

• Like 3

She's ridiculous. Everyone knows different workplaces do things differently -even teensy things, seemingly picky things.  Many years ago there was a boss who wanted all documents stapled with the staple straight not diagonal lol.  She's a loose cannon.  Is that related to cylinders?? ;-).  Ugh I'm sorry you have to deal with this and -as you know -I hope you know -your reaction is normal.  Not overly sensitive.  

• Like 1

She sucks!

I remember when I trained to do fill in for 3 -yes, 3! - different jobs in rotation over a summer because someone went on mat and the place was insane lol, well I got handed a crappy photocopied hand written instruction booklet of what to do and go! Here she has you on hand and she's squandering it. She can say what she wants about how great she is but she obviously needs the job or she wouldn't have taken it. 

She's digging her own grave and I look forward to the update. Entertainment u guess? Practice for loose cannon salon customers! 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

She's ridiculous.

That's pretty much an understatement and I mean it when I say.... I have NEVER experienced this type of superior, condescending and disrespectful (abusive?) attitude, ever!  In the workplace or outside the workplace.  And I have been through some shyt!  As you know.

I hate to harp but she literally looks for things to criticize and undermine which most of the time are just HER opinion of how things should be done and she, a staff member truly believes HER word should override the word of the partners!!

Anyway, I know something was said to her because (1) she is now making a point of walking by me and ignoring me literally frowning and (2) the other partner approached me and asked if I wanted to go get a coffee down the street which he NEVER does.

It's funny because my nature would be to give a **** that she's ignoring me or whatever which is so immature but in this case?  I honestly don't care and the less I have to deal with her the better!!

I am REALLY glad I spoke up and am now also really glad she was spoken to.  I actually wouldn't even care if she quit and I had to train a new person.  I would even be willing stay on longer if necessary to train a NEW person if it came down to that.

I rarely say this about people but she is a truly miserable human being.

Nuff said about that, but I do have a question re having a "superiority complex" which she appears to have.  At least with me.

I just looked up the definition and Webster's defines it as: 

"an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure."

What are your thoughts about that?  I find it hard to believe she's masking feelings of inferiority, but I am open to viewing it differently.

It won't change how I feel about her because feelings of inferiority can be demonstrated in less hurtful ways but curious to what others think about it.