How I Truly Feel About My Husband: A Rough Assessment Journal

My friend told me that she bought a journal which is the exact topic as the title of this post, After using it for a while, she realized, in order for her relationship to work with her husband, she has to chnage her approach when interacting with him.

5 hours ago, Tjay Stewie said:

, After using it for a while, she realized, in order for her relationship to work with her husband, she has to chnage her approach when interacting with him.

Your friend could benefit from marriage counseling if she's keeping a record of all the marital problems already. 

For some people writing helps them to sort out there feelings and express themselves. It could just be a form of self therapy, working through the day to day issues we all face and how to handle them without reacting in the heat of the moment and making things worse.

Things really depend on what she's writing down or what is going on between the two of them. Are these minor little disagreements or annoyances and writing them down helps to release the tension? Or are they serious issues that will cause more problems? By changing her approach, is she working through basic personality differences? Or is it a sign of deeper issues? 

• Like 2

That's what a therapist would have recommended, because not everyone communicates in the same manner. Peoples perspectives/ POV is so varied it's easy to get the wrong impression/message that's coming to them. Now that she sees where things need to change, she should receive some counseling on how to approach her husband when bringing up concerns/issues. 

• Like 1

I think anyone who could document honestly if such a book has open pages without a 'diary lock,' then this already speaks of a marriage where a partner could be trusted not to snoop at the writing, given such a provocative title.

If it's an online journal with a password, that would probably be more conducive to honest reflection.

So what is your stake in this, are you trying to sell the book here?