I feel as though I open up far more

My fiancé and I are perfect in every way,  every single thing gone on between us is amazing and so much is a first for us.

im a romantic, soppy, loving, idiot that always ensures she feels safe, protected, loved and happy. I reassure her all the time. She knows I will never cheat…

why do I have such a problem. Not getting the same reassurance from her…

How long have you been together?  Why the sudden doubts?

Clearly her personality is different to yours.  We can't all be a "romantic, soppy, loving idiot" - that would get way too boring.  We are all different.  The big question right now is why the sudden doubts?  What has changed?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Russgif said:

Im a romantic, soppy, loving, idiot that always ensures she feels safe, protected, loved and happy. I reassure her all the time. She knows I will never cheat… Not getting the same reassurance from her…

Sorry this is happening. How long have you been together? Why not try the opposite approach and give each other some space to breathe and boundaries. Why would she have to reassure you she would never cheat?

Unfortunately it seems almost suffocating. It's important for each of you to feel secure in the relationship in your own way. 

8 hours ago, Russgif said:

My fiancé and I are perfect in every way,  every single thing gone on between us is amazing

Firstly, you need to lose the rose-coloured glasses. If everything were perfect, you wouldn't be here complaining that you open up more than she does. That doesn't necessarily mean the relationship is doomed, but you have to be more realistic with yourself that it's not all rainbows and butterflies or life is seriously going to disappoint you. 

Maybe she finds your efforts overwhelming, and as @Wiseman2 said, suffocating. In a healthy relationship, you shouldn't need to reassure each other all the time that you won't cheat. That should be a given. So, what is going on here that you feel compelled to do so?

• Like 1

Not getting it from her is because that's the way she is...in her mind as a woman she should be showered with affection, chased, complimented, protected, etc by the man. You say you have to reassure her, or make sure of that...that's creating a monster. She will never have confidence in this relationship or herself without it. Sounds like you have an insecure girl, and reassurance is an enabler for that insecurity. She keeps needing that fix to feel better. A woman that strongly returns the romantic gestures, affecting, protection, compliments, etc is a woman that has confidence. Your GF don't have that. You have to change your habit of reassurance, and use encouragement to build confidence....but you have to have a serious conversation about it first. 

There are different types of love.  Soppy,  idiot type of love can get goofy especially if you over do it.  A lady can feel safe,  loved and protected without soppy,  idiot type attention. 

I agree with others regarding sincere compliments and other forms of love such as being considerate,  helpful without her having to ask each time,  favors without conditions,  being selfless,  perhaps cooking dinner just because,  taking care of errands or chores because you know it takes the load off her,  doing anything in your own way. 

I can't speak for all women but I appreciate a man who automatically does anything kind because he puts his lady before himself.  He gives of himself more than any other.  💗 And,  he does it without fanfare.