my girlfriend thinks that I should do everything she wants because she has more

55 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Since you are a stay at home GF, in a same-sex relationship, you may need to redefine the relationship boundaries as far as support. You have the right to go out with friends, but your GF seems resentful about your stay at home GF status if she is complaining about money and using that as leverage.

Please talk to trusted friends and family. She shouldn't ask you to leave when you don't want to have sex, but if you just want to get away from her and be alone, please stay with friends and family. There's no reason to stay in your car. 

when I said stay at home girlfriends were a thing, I didn't mean that I was one. im not sure why my gender needs to be relevant to be given advice on this specific thing

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, pippipcherrio said:

when I said stay at home girlfriends were a thing, I didn't mean that I was one. 

True. Just a confusing analogy. If you are a stay at home BF, there are still issues to negotiate. Please reach out to trusted friends and family and discuss your situation. 

If things get too heated consider staying with friends and perhaps they can help you extricate yourself from this if things continue to be untenable. 

I'm sorry you're going through this. I can only speak for myself. If someone were ever to say to me that if I didn't perform socially, sexually or in any other way according to their demand, I'd need to sleep in my car? There would be no coming back from that for me. Ever.

Even if I had to put my studies on hold and couch surf or stay in a shelter until I could find the work to cover my expenses in a house share or something, I would be done with this person.

This is not a finger wag about however you've been negotiating your ability to stay indoors, but I hope you will consider exploring every other option and potential resource available for exiting this situation.

Please realize that you don't need to be physically harmed before seeking help from 'prevention' services, such as domesticviolence.org. Request referrals to organizations local to you for assistance. Another place to start might be you local hospital's human services department to ask for a referral to a case worker who can tap into counseling and re-homing resources that are not known to the public. 

My heart goes out to you, and please write more if it helps.

• Like 3