How to Verify Dating Partner before meeting

safemeet

15 minutes ago, safemeet said:

Can you provide examples of reliable methods to confirm if the person I've been talking to online is genuine? 

Video call?

Its easier today then it was before. Social media can be faked along with few pics taken from somebody else. But video call should be at least reliable option to see if somebody is fake before meeting. Also, always insist on public place before meeting with strangers. Until you get to know them better, you should at least be careful.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, safemeet said:

If you've met someone online and you're planning to meet up for a date, it's natural to want to confirm their authenticity beforehand. Can you provide examples of reliable methods to confirm if the person I've been talking to online is genuine? 

Phone call and google searches.  Also meet for an hour in a public place -or less -so that if the person is not genuine you haven't invested much.  Also make sure he/she wants to meet in person ASAP because liars usually don't.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, safemeet said:

. Can you provide examples of reliable methods to confirm if the person I've been talking to online is genuine? 

There are quality paid dating apps that require a credit card as well as proof of ID.

Google yourself and you'll realize how inaccurate and vague it is. If you have a first and last name it helps as well as the town they live in or where they work. But research dating apps that require proof of ID.

On 11/2/2023 at 9:38 AM, safemeet said:

If you've met someone online and you're planning to meet up for a date, it's natural to want to confirm their authenticity beforehand. Can you provide examples of reliable methods to confirm if the person I've been talking to online is genuine? 

As someone who has met many people during the online dating stage of my life, I completely understand wanting to know the authenticity of someone before seeking an arrangement with them. How long have your two been talking? Have you exchanged numbers? Sometimes a simple phone call can set aside some of the anxiety that comes with meeting someone in this format. I agree that a video call might be useful but sometimes people can get flaky with that. Is there something that is giving you pause for thought that makes you think this person might not be authentic/genuine? 

I would always normally agree to meet in a public place for the first "date" and if I wasn't sure of the person before meeting them (compatibility, genuineness, attraction), I would try and keep the first date limited to something like a coffee shop or something that doesn't involve alcohol or drinks. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s easy! Tell that dude to hold up and ID next to his face and take a pic with timestamp! lol

Or there is always the video call feature and schedule a video call. If he makes up any excuse then Bye!

Or just meet at a public place. Somewhere even if you get stood up, catfished, you can easily blend in with the crowd and hide. 

8 hours ago, Ice Queen 2.0 said:

It’s easy! Tell that dude to hold up and ID next to his face and take a pic with timestamp! lol

Or there is always the video call feature and schedule a video call. If he makes up any excuse then Bye!

Or just meet at a public place. Somewhere even if you get stood up, catfished, you can easily blend in with the crowd and hide. 

I wouldn't ever require someone to show ID given all the scams.  I never did a video call - never would have wanted to even if capable.  Ick.  I did some google searches (and cancelled a couple of first meets based on what I found) and met in a public place for about 45 minutes/hour.

The only way to confirm someone's authenticity is to actually meet them.  

If they continue to text and hem and haw about meeting, then move on.  Literally, within one week, if a meet doesn't happen, move on.

No need for all the video chats, etc.

Once you meet, you can get a pretty good feel, but doing a background search is relatively easy.  You can go into county records, property ownership records, criminal records, etc.  You can always pay for a service that provides all of this.

My last relationship was >2 years, and I never did a background search, because I trusted him completely.  Until I didn't.  I did the background search after our breakup, and whooo boy, I did find massive financial criminal activity.  So I'd suggest doing that earlier than later.

• Like 1