Does breaking NC as a dumpee kill any hope of getting back together?

It's been 6 weeks since my ex left me and I'm still harboring hope of getting back together. The break up was triggered over something I did and I double down when he expressed his disappointment. He broke it off and said we are not compatible. At the time, I felt justified and thought he overreacted. But space and time apart I can see and understand why he was upset. I did apologize post break up to no avail

Now I'm planning to wait few months post break up to reach out and take responsibility into my mistakes and things we can do to make it better and promise him  that things will be better the second time around. I'm prepared for him to reject me but I want to do it to help me move on in any event he ignore me or reject me so I will stop hoping. 

has anyone reached as dumpee and found it helped them move on when their ex rejected them
?

57 minutes ago, MrsWise said:

It's been 6 weeks since my ex left me and I'm still harboring hope of getting back together. The break up was triggered over something I did and I double down when he expressed his disappointment. 

Sorry this happened. How long were you together? What was the breakup about? Has he reached out since?  Are you blocked on social media or messages apps? 

If you were incompatible or arguing a lot are you sure you would want to get back together?  Unfortunately it's not in your control and "no contact" is not a tool for reconciliation.

Either he wants to reconcile or not. Do you feel he was distancing before this and staged a fight/breakup? What was so egregious in his mind, that he ended it?

Move on because wether he comes back or not you will be okay. 

Let him deal with his decision and if he wants to reach out he will but in the mean time do you because right now all that matters is you. You made a mistake that’s okay forgive yourself, learn from the experience and move on. 

The sun will rise again 

• Like 1

If you want to apologize and take accountability for something bad you did, you could. 

However, your whole question is based on hope you will maybe possibly end up together again. And you should probably forget about that and rule it out. There is almost no chance that it would happen, he broke up with you. Moreover, I feel that the only reason you want to own up for your mistakes, is to get back together. And that is a horrible idea from both angles. Since you are neither trully sorry for what you did and just do it for getting back together. 

• Like 1