Can't remember first kiss or first time

Hi all. I am a female in my late 30s and can't remember my first kiss or first time. I know I had them with my "first love" at 26 but that's all I remember. No details. Is it because it happened when I was older? I've never met anyone else who forgot. I know neither of those memories were particularly special, but I'm surprised I can't recall. 

4 hours ago, Angel_325 said:

I know neither of those memories were particularly special

Maybe that is why you dont remember. Its kinda interesting that you dont remember since most people do hold those memories in high regard. But maybe it just wasnt any special for you.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Try to reflect what's going on in your life at this time that's making you nostalgic for this. 

Nothing in partially. Just talked to people and all of them remember except me. Makes me feel a bit odd that I don't remember either.

2 hours ago, Angel_325 said:

Nothing in partially. Just talked to people and all of them remember except me. Makes me feel a bit odd that I don't remember either.

Maybe it simply wasn’t earth shattering. My first kiss was. Age 14 shortly after John Lennon was assassinated to the song Imagine. And my first time was too although fraught with stress.  I mean I think many people remember but if it was part of first love - you remember that part !  I think it’s ok 

• Like 1

Some people recall in different ways. it's like how some people don't have an inner monologue when thinking through a topic. Everyone is a bit different, so I would say while interesting self reflection; it doesn't really benefit you in the long run.

• Like 3