Boyfriend’s Sister and her children moved in

My boyfriend’s sister and her 3 children moved into my home. I have 2 children that are still of school age living in my home of my own and one adult child that doesn’t live with me. So his sister got evicted for not paying rent for several months. His sister has been in our home for a month in a half with her 2 adult sons (21) and (24) and (11) son. They all work no one offers to help with anything and she has been lying the entire time like she is looking for some where to go. There all staying in one bedroom in my home I have a 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. Every week she is saying she has found a place to go but never has the money to move in. She doesn’t buy any clothes, go anywhere, spend money on food, or even buy anything for her 11 year old. I agreed for a short period of time because they have no other family but it’s time for them go and move on. School will soon start for my children and I want them to feel comfortable in their own home as well as myself going to school. People are leaving all times of the day here from the different work shifts amongst all of the extra adults in my home. My boyfriend complains but also puts a bandage over everything his sister does I’m really tired here. 

As long as your boyfriend enables his sister,  she and her adults will not leave.  Work on having a private,  non distracting conversation with your boyfriend either when they're not there in your house or in a public place because unless he budges,  his sister and sons won't either. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, sweet185 said:

My boyfriend’s sister and her 3 children moved into my home. So his sister got evicted for not paying rent for several months. They all work. Every week she is saying she has found a place to go but never has the money to move in. 

Whose house is it? Yours, his or do  co-own or co-lease? Refer them to social services for assistance with housing food and other necessities.

If they were evicted, how is she able to rent a place with that on her record? 

The older sons can possibly move out into affordable housing somewhere, if the eviction is not on their records, but she and the minor will need help from welfare to get into some sort of housing. 

Your BF is the problem. Talk to him about an exit plan for them. They may have to split up so the adult sons can get their own place. 

I'm sorry to say this, but if you would like these people out within your lifetime, I'd begin the legal paperwork for eviction today, because the process takes for EVER. I'd also contact an attorney or legal aid for advice. You may end up needing to give BF the heave-ho along with the rest of them.

How come 3 of them work and cant afford rent? Where do they live? Southern California? 🤣

Anyway, you are taken advantage there. Why should they leave? They dont pay rent, they take advantage of your elecricity, water and the rest of utilities and not to mention food. So there is no need for them to leave when they got such a sweet deal.

I suggest you talk with your boyfriend. He is maybe soft on them because its his sister but he should understand that they should move out. Especially if its your home. Then you both sit with them and tell them that they have until the end of the month to find an appartment and leave. 

10 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

Where do they live? Southern California? 🤣

Right?! Even then, they should be able to find a two bedroom.  Just tell then they have 60 days to heave ho.  And in the meantime, they need to cover utilities. And, change the wifi password.  And if you are feeling generous, give her the money she gave you for utilities, back, so she can buy furniture for the new place. 

It's one thing to escape an abusive partner.  It's another to blow off paying rent for months, only to find another sucker to pay their way.  No thanks.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, sweet185 said:

My boyfriend complains but also puts a bandage over everything his sister does I’m really tired here. 

Since blood is thicker than water, I wouldn't count on him to step up to the plate.  In addition to that my thoughts are, this is going to cost much more than what you bargained for by having to resort to seeking legal councel.

Otherthan that, I'd take the lesson with me while being careful to never have someone take you for a ride by using you to freeload.

This is not being selfish, it's a matter of looking out for the well being of you and your children.

• Like 1