Does loneliness ever go away? When is enough enough ?

I am in such a situation I just can’t even begin to explain… I have posted something already about one of my issues so I won’t go into that and length here and now … but it’s not just that issue. It’s also the issue of being completely alone for months and months at a time staring at the same four walls, not leaving the house because I have agoraphobia any local friends that I had near me which were only two both died last year. I am now completely alone in the city. And I don’t mean to sound all woa is me many people have it much worse. I am blessed to be on disability for my issues so I have a roof over my head and I have food. I don’t have much of an income but it’s enough to keep me going daily and for that I’m extremely grateful, I do the whole therapy and medication thing but that only goes so far you know? When does it become enough? How much loneliness can one person take? Do we have the right to say it’s time to walk away from life? I feel in many ways that every human has that fundamental right and it should not be taken away from them but if they want to end their life, they should be able to. I do not want to end my life , but I also feel like I do not feel any for seeable future where this daily turmoil and depression will change will ever get better? 

Yes, it can be a real challenge sometimes 😕 .

I do not venture out much myself.  I go see my parents a few times a year & have a very small circle of friends.

But, I have made it, over the last 5 yrs to the point I can walk my dog at the park sometimes - so I 'make myself' go out now & then.  I say "just do it" and I do have to 'mentally prep' for these things.

I am now also able to do some things around here. eg crafts. I crochet and bake ( for local youth shelter).

I have lately come to hang out a lot on Youtube.  I watch & follow certain things. Like 'live streaming' on things like plane spotting, Ukraine and wild life.  I also watch many things I have an interest in.  I learned how to crochet on Youtube.  And I enjoy watching stuff like Adam Mark Explores lately.  he's Britiish and tours old abandoned places 🙂 . There's so much on there to watch & learn about.

So, I guess it's a way of learning more of what's available for your own situation.  I am alone, but no lonely.  Do you like pets?  Maybe get a cat or some birds etc?

And at the end of my day, I make a sleepy time tea and binge watch my favourite comedy.

So, I say... keep trying.  Don't give up. 🙂 .  Things can change to your advantage.

• Like 1

I understand you’re phobic about leaving the house.  I’d look into volunteer opportunities you can do by phone from home. I’ve done three types in my life : one was calling a person trying to learn English and having simple conversations to get her accustomed to the language. Another was calling donors to a nonprofit organization from a list of names to thank them for their donation and ask if they wanted information about upcoming events. And yet another was during Covid I called a different senior citizen once a week who lived alone to see if he or she was doing ok or needed anything and then if appropriate we chatted as an antidote to loneliness during lockdown. 
I’d have many more suggestions if you would leave the house and I understand that’s too much of a struggle for you right now.  

Even though it's hard to force yourself to be with friends outside your home,  I recommend that you try especially if Zoom isn't the same.  Earlier suggestions of online volunteerism sounds good.  It's a start but may not be enough. 

Unfortunately,  loneliness is detrimental to your health so keep this in mind.  Chronic loneliness increases your risk for hearing impairment,  cognitive decline,  confusion,  memory loss,  dementia,  Alzheimer's disease,  hypertension,  degenerative arthritis (from lack of exercise and fresh air),  diabetes,  heart disease,  cancers,  depression,  insomnia,  weight gain,  long term inflammation and a shortened lifespan.  It's nothing to sneeze at.  ☹️

Perhaps if you're faith based,  you can join your local church and branch out by making new friends there.