Did she lose interest?

Is she not interested anymore?

So il try to make this short, at my current job that ive been at for 7 months ive been talking to this one girl, she started being around me alot, staring at me alot and she would walk by me alot so one day i asked how she was and she sat by me on her own and that was our first convo, so we been talking here and there at work, some conversations are long and some real quick and short. So the other day i decided to ask for her number and she asked “why” then i said “so we could hang out” and she gave it to me then a few days later she told me that she needed to talk to me, so i asked is it about the number? She said “yeah i was just too nervous and gave you my number out of anxiety, i dont know you that well” so i was like ok i understand you have anxiety and il respect that. So my question is did i just get rejected? Or should i keep trying to know her better as time goes on? Im lost. Also do you think she lost interest because i hardly initiate a convo due to my nervousness , i still say hi and stuff to her tho 

2 hours ago, Raindrop7 said:

i decided to ask for her number and she asked “why” then i said “so we could hang out” and she gave it to me. She said “yeah i was just too nervous and gave you my number out of anxiety, i dont know you that well” 

Unfortunately she doesn't want to "hang out", whether it's because she doesn't want to date coworkers or she's not interested. You did the right thing stepping back.

However asking her for her number in order to "hang out" was too forward and awkward. She's avoiding you now because you made her uncomfortable.

Be polite friendly and professional because hitting on women at work could be a problem for you. You need to leave her alone. She said no and if you persist she could file a sexual harassment complaint.

In the future, get to know someone more naturally by having breaks or lunch together and building some rapport.  That way you can get a better sense of what's going on.

Jumping right to "what's your number, so we can hang out" isn't a good idea in general, and a bad idea at work in particular. It comes across as "I want to hookup". 

Try dating outside of work. And revise your approach. Get to know someone first, then ask them to go out on a date.

1 hour ago, Raindrop7 said:

So my question is did i just get rejected?

Eh, kinda. She didnt directly rejected you, you can still talk to her. But she said how giving you her number was a mistake. If she really did like you she would be extactic that you would send her a message or call. But, as it is, she just isnt interested. If she likes you she would never had second thought about giving you her phone number.

Unlike the others I don't think this was an outright no.  I think it was a "we are moving too fast" type thing.  You could still get to know her a little at work but I would absolutely back off a little bit from where you are.  Also it is not too forward to ask someone for their number, you did nothing wrong initially.  That doesn't mean you cannot read the signs now and she has asked you to dial it back a little bit.