Need some urgent advice on this- Issues with attending events with/without my boyfriend.

28 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I would like to know if he admitted calling you names was unacceptable and wrong and if he apologized profusely for doing that and if he promised to never do it again. 

Hi @boltnrun - 

He did apologise multiple times, we had spent some time apart to focus on our next steps and he had approached me himself to apologise and also with plan of action on how he intends to change things for the better from his end. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jupana said:

Hi @boltnrun - 

He did apologise multiple times, we had spent some time apart to focus on our next steps and he had approached me himself to apologise and also with plan of action on how he intends to change things for the better from his end. 

That is promising. I hope he follows through and backs you up the next time someone in his family attacks you verbally.

Also, I hope he's stopped complaining to his family whenever you choose to visit your own family by yourself. 

Living in the US I really have no frame of reference for islands in the Mediterranean but I have had some experience with Portuguese families as my ex was Portuguese.  The family dynamic is different but not harsh like what you are experiencing.

This feels like they are trying to indoctrinate you into what they perceive as a healthy family experience.  Which of course is not in the least.

Help your bf understand your feelings, how their words and actions are affecting your mental health and physical health and make it clear to him your views on all this are so he knows exactly where you stand.  

Lost

• Like 1