How to ask to meet up after meetup didn't push through?

Chatted with a guy online and he asked if I'm ok with meeting up. I'm ok, and he gave me some dates to choose from when to meet. I said this date, and he said, ok see you soon. He didn't say what place or time, so I asked is 1 pm ok? I didn't get a reply from him in the next few days so I thought he might not be available or change of sched, I though it wouldn't push through.

I'm not always on the app, Turns out he messaged the night before, and the day of the supposed meetup. I only saw the messages the evening of the supposed meetup date. So he messaged that he was in the general area where I was in until 5, so we could meet up. After reading, I said sorry and apologized profusely that I only saw the message now, and thought it wasn't going to push through so I did other tasks. He said it's ok since he was really in the area, and asked how he can contact me in an easier way. I said these apps and he asked for my number, which I gave him.

He hasn't messaged me, and I'd like to invite him to meet since I want to get to know him (that's why I agreed to meeting), and also to make it up to him for the previous mishap. It's up to him of course if he still wants to and it's ok if he changed his mind, given what happened How do I ask him, can I say something like 'Hi sorry again for the inconvenience last time, would you like to meetup sometimes this week? What's your app number?' What else should I say?

2 hours ago, corncherries said:

. He didn't say what place or time, so I asked is 1 pm ok? I didn't get a reply from him in the next few days 

He hasn't messaged me, and I'd like to invite him to meet since I want to get to know him

Unfortunately he doesn't seem that interested. What does he mean by "in the area"? Is this a distance situation?  He doesn't seem to be asking you out for a specific time, he seems to only be announcing that he'll be " in the area".

You don't have to keep apologizing. You have each other's contact info. Try to set up confirmed plans with regard to date time and place rather than vague "let's meet"  arrangements. Try to avoid last minute and drive-by daters.

He never made a specific plan and I would not meet up with someone who last minute messaged me he was in the area till a certain time if I wanted to meet up -that's presumptuous on his part.  If he contacts you properly and plans a date in advance then fine.  Not with this flaky non response to you asking to set a specific time.

• Like 1