I need help on how to interact with this girl

Ask to take a longer walk with her and as the conversation moves along, ask if it's possible to meet for coffee or lunch sometime.  Act natural.  Don't be nervous.  Be yourself,  well mannered and very respectful.  Act like a gentleman which is refreshing in this day and age.  Remain humble and she'll like that a lot.  Don't talk about yourself too much.  The secret to great conversations is to make it predominantly all about them or her.  People love nothing more than to talk about themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Cherylyn said:

Ask to take a longer walk with her and as the conversation moves along, ask if it's possible to meet for coffee or lunch sometime.  Act natural.  Don't be nervous.  Be yourself,  well mannered and very respectful.  Act like a gentleman which is refreshing in this day and age.  Remain humble and she'll like that a lot.  Don't talk about yourself too much.  The secret to great conversations is to make it predominantly all about them or her.  People love nothing more than to talk about themselves. 

He asked for her number to ask her out and she responded "preferably not". I wouldn't encourage him to continue to try to pursue when she already said no. 

• Like 3

You can't be everyone's cup of tea. It's normal and realistic. Feel good that you tried and got some practice in.

And really, I think she's mean-spirited, but you can't see that as you're crushing badly on her. She's could've worded things far more kindly. IMO, she's not worth talking to. It's now a good thing you can emotionally move on from a dead-end.

And I know how it feels when a guy doesn't take "no" for an answer. I dealt with a co-worker who kept asking me out in the past. I tried to kindly let him know it wasn't happening, but after he couldn't take what I said literally, I had to get tough and mean. When a person says "no" in situations like this, it's not harassment the first time you ask, but when you repeat what she said "no" to, it's called harassment. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

He asked for her number to ask her out and she responded "preferably not". I wouldn't encourage him to continue to try to pursue when she already said no. 

I agree.  Do not ask again, do not come on to her because it can quickly come across as pushy and from there it's a fine line to harassing.  Why would you call it "confront" - please don't get in that mindset of "confronting" someone you want to date or get to know better. Even calling it that comes across as pushy/combative.  

She doesn't want to date you.  She doesn't want to have a one on one phone conversation. It's ok - now you know.  Leave her alone 100%. Edited to add I agree she was rude but if you came across aggressive she may have felt on the defensive.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I agree with @boltnrun.  No means no.  Just act natural, say "hello" and remain peaceful.  I'm sorry.  Not everyone was meant to be together.  It's life.