Is he interested or did I misunderstand the situation..

Emmy321

To me those are some big social cues that he has interest. Whether or not he has the confidence to call you is another story. He's probably just as shy as you are, and that's why it's taken him months just to ask for your number. You were cold as ice, and he was waiting for you to give him signals that you too could be interested. He's probably be wondering the same thing...you are just being nice/friendly.

Girl if you want a guy to pursue you, ya need to put on a smile, give some charm, flirt, be in his space, etc. Then you will have them calling you.

1 minute ago, smackie9 said:

To me those are some big social cues that he has interest. Whether or not he has the confidence to call you is another story. He's probably just as shy as you are, and that's why it's taken him months just to ask for your number. You were cold as ice, and he was waiting for you to give him signals that you too could be interested. He's probably be wondering the same thing...you are just being nice/friendly.

Girl if you want a guy to pursue you, ya need to put on a smile, give some charm, flirt, be in his space, etc. Then you will have them calling you.

I wouldn’t say I was cold.  I did smile  and said hi to him but I was shy about it. I’m not shy anymore now. 

2 hours ago, Jibralta said:

Unlikely. Unless you guys were talking specifically about business. If that's the case, then yeah, probably work related. But if you were just shooting the sht and he asked you for your number then he probably likes you.

Well, we weren’t shooting the sht come to think of it.   I brought up that he could reach me on work pager for work tho.  Then he asked for the number, I’m not sure.     Oh no! 

36 minutes ago, Izzy1234 said:

well, come to think of it, We weren’t shooting the sht. I brought up that he could reach on my work pager for work and then that’s when he asked for number.  Oh no! 

Right. But why the “oh no?”  Why is this such a big deal to you ? Does it matter that much whether he wants to date you or not ? Perhaps he was flirting. People flirt for a variety of reasons.
A TSA agent at the airport flirted with my mom a year after my dad died. She was in her early 80s and she was delighted to be flirted with - brightened her day !  When my dad was interested in dating her in 1951 he asked her for “her father’s last name “ - he didn’t want to reveal his interest and knew he could look up her phone number in the phone book with that information.  
I had a number of men interested in me during my 15 years working full time at large companies. Some examples. One just liked flirting with me - turned out after I asked him out for lunch he talked them about his girlfriend. One was married and wanted to have an affair. One was engaged and wanted the same. (Said no to both and one is married to the woman he’d planned to cheat on - not sure about other one).
And one … was interested. We’ve been married almost 15 years. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

I was honest with myself and did not have casual sex since I knew I'd be likely to get emotionally attached. 

Yeah, maybe this is the key. I met many guys these last 2 years, and I’m trying to learn from each situation and adjust the way I’m dating to make it easier though time… I’ve been married for 10 years, maybe the reason why it’s so new for me… 

Just now, Sindy_0311 said:

Yeah, maybe this is the key. I met many guys these last 2 years, and I’m trying to learn from each situation and adjust the way I’m dating to make it easier though time… I’ve been married for 10 years, maybe the reason why it’s so new for me… 

That’s good !  And yes being previously married certainly might have an impact on both mindset and goals.  I never was seriously involved with a man who was divorced or widowed and I dated a new dad for a few months and realized it wasn’t for me.  Also as mentioned whether the time and effort is worth it depends on the goal of dating IMO. 

54 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Right. But why the “oh no?”  Why is this such a big deal

I don’t know, I guess I got my hopes up  that something was happening between him and I, when it could nothing or prob is.    Thanks everyone who responded to help!  

10 minutes ago, Izzy1234 said:

I don’t know, I guess I got my hopes up  that something was happening between him and I, when it could nothing or prob is.    Thanks everyone who responded to help!  

I would avoid getting "hopes up" about someone you casually know who asks you for your number - one step at a time IMO.  Good luck!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Izzy1234 said:

because he could of just wanted it for work related reasons which is why I questioned what he said after I gave it to him. 

He doesn't need your number for work related reasons. He could just talk to you at work about work. He sees you there all the time lol 

• Like 1

Hopefully you don't beat yourself up if he doesn't call you or text you. I get the impression you're anxious about this, so don't be. You're single so soak it in that someone you like got your number.

Not sure how much experience you have in dating, but this is the nature of the game. And you tell yourself when it doesn't pan out the way you hope, oh well, carry on or NEXT!

People are flakes, people change their minds and life sometimes get in the way, so as long as you take care of yourself by being kind to yourself, and don't let bad experiences define you - keep putting yourself out there because a lot of people find that attractive!

58 minutes ago, LootieTootie said:

Hopefully you don't beat yourself up if he doesn't call you or text you. I get the impression you're anxious about this, so don't be. You're single so soak it in that someone you like got your number.

Not sure how much experience you have in dating, but this is the nature of the game. And you tell yourself when it doesn't pan out the way you hope, oh well, carry on or NEXT!

People are flakes, people change their minds and life sometimes get in the way, so as long as you take care of yourself by being kind to yourself, and don't let bad experiences define you - keep putting yourself out there because a lot of people find that attractive!

I am  was little anxious. It has been few months and wondered if he was going to ever ask me me out. He did take the first step and asked for the number but don't know if he'll use it. Thanks for your help!

17 minutes ago, rsml123 said:

I think it's safe to assume that he's not going to call you nor interested in you if it has been few months. I'm sure he would have asked for the number again if he had lost it. I don't think you should wait to call you any longer.

Oh, I meant It's been months since he's shown me that he is interested,  he asked for it last week and I only gave him my number just two days ago!