Too shy to kiss my boyfriend? oO;

Hi everyone.

I've been going out with my boyfriend for almost 2 months, and he's the most amazing guy I know. I couldn't be happier. Just this past Monday, he gave me my first kiss, and I was extremely happy, as was he.

Now, here's my problem: We hung out at his house today after school and he kissed me outside. Then a while later, we went back inside and I told him I wasn't sure I was ready to be kissing a lot. He was totally understanding (as always Then as I was leaving I told him that I'm okay with kissing him goodbye and whatnot, but I still need time to kind of get comfortable with kissing him. We kissed, and I left. When I got home, I found myself really wanting to kiss him more, which was when I realized, my problem is that I'm shy. I don't know what it is or why I'm shy to kiss him, but I told him that and he was understanding about it.

So then, I decided to come here and see if any of you could give me any ideas of how to get over being so shy. I'm ready to kiss him and everything but when the time comes, I don't know what happens. I guess what I need is some sense smacked into me or something that makes me realize there's nothing to be afraid of or shy about or whatever, lol. I really like him a lot and I'm falling more and more in love with him every day, and it'd be great if I could share that affection with him without feeling funny. Any ideas?

Meh nothing to worry bout here hun. Be glad he's understanding too

It's like trying anything for the first time. Of course it's going to be difficult at the start and you have to get used to it but you will get used to it in time. Don't force yourself to do something you don't want to do but do give yourself a little shove to step outside your normal boundaries.

The same thing is going to happen when you start using tongue, start going below waste, and eventually one day have sex. It's very nerve racking at the start but once you've done it a few times there's nothing to worry about and it becomes natural.

No problems here. Everything you're experiencing is normal

Sounds like he is very understanding, so there's nothing to worry about.

He'll understand that you need some time to get used to it and get comfortable with kissing.

The fact that you are so enthusiastic about it now is a good thing.

You can just keep practicing just now anyway, getting comfortable and getting good

Darkblue

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.

A. A. Milne

• 3 weeks later...

Yah I had the same experience... I never kissed a girl before my current gf... At nearly 2 months she wanted to start kissing and i was really shy and just kinda delayed it despite wanting to... Finally we kissed and went straight to making out... WOW... it was nerve racking and a slight bit awkward as i had little clue what i was doing. But with a little practice you will become less embarrassing or nervous and become soley fun... Take you time and go when you are ready... Be glad you have such and understanding guy. have fun