MY MOM HAS ALZHEIMER AND SHE SLOW DYING

Last year, my mom was able to walk and talk for Thanksgiving.

She can't walk anymore, she blind in one eye, she wearing diapers, she doesn't talk that much. She in wheelchair. We just celebrated her birthday.

I don't want her to die, but I don't want her to suffer.

I am crying every night, I can't sleep. I don't want my mom to die. My mom helped me get through my dad death. If she goes I have no one.

If it wasn't for my son 3 month old, I would just kill myself

18 minutes ago, nycdoctor said:

We just celebrated her birthday.  If it wasn't for my son 3 month old, I would just kill myself

Sorry this is happening. Please see a physician for possible postpartum depression. Are you with the father? Married? Do you have extended family?

Also call the national mental health hotline for immediate support, someone to talk to and help with finding appropriate care.

I can completely relate. My mother has Alzheimer’s and my father has a different form of dementia. They are not quite as far along as your mother, but my father really has no idea what is going on and does not know who anyone is, even his wife of 68 years. My mother, who spoke three languages, is losing her vocabulary and doesn’t know words like rain and cheese. 

But please get some help — there are all kinds of support groups and therapists out there. This is very difficult, but I have to tell you that after they pass, things improve and you can remember this as they were without worrying about their suffering. I saw it with my grandmother who died of Alzheimer’s and weighed only 68 lbs because she wouldn’t eat and had a directive not to feed.