What have we come to? Kicking men who lose their job to the curb

Guest Anonymous

don’t think it’s exists? Ok here’s some scientific literature to back up: 

Men who aren’t employed have a much higher risk of failed marriages than those who have jobs, according to the American Sociological Review. In fact, among men who lost their jobs, there was a 32 percent higher risk

Alexandra Killewald, a professor of sociology at Harvard University:

“I could speculate that losing a job might bring with it depression or some other kinds of mental health issues,” Killewald said.

Anyways no need to be defensive just maybe you’ll notice a pattern. 

6 minutes ago, Guest Anonymous said:

don’t think it’s exists?

You said many cases here, meaning on this forum, of women wanting to cheat because their partners are unemployed and depressed. 

Can you please provide the links to those many threads? 

You are avoiding the basic questions people are asking you. The quote you cited does not address what you claimed is happening on these boards. 

No no but hey maybe I am incorrect in my assumption, anyways just looking at some posts like the being attractive to boss one, it all seemed to start once he lost job.

yes I agree it’s not good if it’s a long term situation nobody wants to take care of parasite. But several months or during a world wide economic crisis.

Maybe it’s just speculation or misinterpretation on my part but I think I’m seeing a pattern. Not directed at the community here just there’s a background story that perhaps is not seen. 

1 minute ago, Guest Anonymous said:

No no but hey maybe I am incorrect in my assumption, anyways just looking at some posts like the being attractive to boss one, it all seemed to start once he lost job.

That is one thread. 

Not "many cases."

Exaggerating discredits the argument you're trying to make to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I think I’m seeing a pattern. Not directed at the community here just there’s a background story that perhaps is not seen. 

If it's in the background how can it be seen?

Is this one of the threads you are referring to?:

3 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

If it's in the background how can it be seen?

Not only that, but OP is also not considering the other side of the "background": how much empathy and understanding and compassion may have already been extended to the partner who is out of work and depressed. 

Confirmation bias at work, in other words. 

6 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

don’t think it’s exists? Ok here’s some scientific literature to back up: 

Men who aren’t employed have a much higher risk of failed marriages than those who have jobs, according to the American Sociological Review. In fact, among men who lost their jobs, there was a 32 percent higher risk

Alexandra Killewald, a professor of sociology at Harvard University:

“I could speculate that losing a job might bring with it depression or some other kinds of mental health issues,” Killewald said.

Anyways no need to be defensive just maybe you’ll notice a pattern. 

Correlation is not causation.  Perhaps the man lost his job because he was suffering from depression.  For example.  Which is very sad but shows that this so called study might have some holes in it.

6 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

You said many cases here, meaning on this forum, of women wanting to cheat because their partners are unemployed and depressed. 

Can you please provide the links to those many threads? 

You are avoiding the basic questions people are asking you. The quote you cited does not address what you claimed is happening on these boards. 

Exactly, Ms. C. 

And I endorse what Wiseman states.

5 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

You'll have to decide whether you want support or want to attack people.

Archived