I wanted to kiss another guy while in a long distance relationship?

Emilaemorris

Ok so me and my boyfriend are in college and are almost 2,000 miles away. I love him so much and it never crossed my mind that I would want to kiss another guy until I met this one guy the other day.He is not from here and he was leaving in a couple days. We had met at an event and became friends instantly and from the very beginning he was trying to kiss me even though I reassured him I had a boyfriend. Even though he kept pursuing I still hung around because we genuinely were having fun dancing and talking. Before the event was over he asked for my number so I gave it to him. A few hours later we found ourselves together again that night at a club. We danced and had the best time. He asked me if no one saw would he be allowed to kiss me but I politely declined but I really was tempted to. I know I would feel so guilty so I didnt not do it. I already felt so guilty hanging out with him knowing he wants to kiss me. We ended up back at a friends house until super late at night and we just talked and talked. In some weird way after talking that whole time getting to know him, he started to reign me of my boyfriend like his mannerism and the jokes he would say and the banter. His personality was very similar to my boyfriends now. He complimented me and even told me he's starting to fall in love with me already (as a joke I believe). He tried kissing me while we were alone but I kept pulling away but my brain really wanted to because he was a very cool person and I was curious.  He also kept telling he knows I want to kiss him which I did, but I refused to admit it at that moment. We kept having long stares and I would break eye contact because I just knew it would lead to no good. 

The next day we ended up together again at the same friends house and we went for a cruise on the river. It was the most fun time. We were drinking, talking, and dancing the entire time. We ended up even getting a little personal that night and talking about some deep stuff. Later on into the night, I stupidly admitted to wanting to kiss him but told him I refused to turn into something I hate (a cheater). He kept telling me I should just kiss him just so I can know what I want. I was wracking my brain the entire time. At one point in the night we came so close but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. We ended up just lying down watching the stars and I even played with his hair. It felt so wrong that after a couple minutes of realizing what I was doing I pulled away. When we got back to land I had to go home. It was very late and he walked me out to my car. He begged one last time for me to just give him a peck on the lips, which I know would have led to more, so I settled for a peck on the cheek. He made a little pouty face and we hugged for a while and then we said our goodbyes. The second I got in the car I regretted not kissing him because I was attracted to him, but I know that would absolutely kill me inside. The guy left today and I probably won't see him again and if I do it won't be for a while. But in my mind I wish I would have kissed him right there, but if I did I wouldn't have been able to bring myself to tell my boyfriend. I've asked a couple of my friends if I should tell him about everything else that went down about him wanting to kiss me and they all said no that it would just do more harm than good. What should I do about it? What if I see this guy again? What if a similar situation happens again (I don't think it will because this guy was different and special in fact he reminded me of my boyfriend)? Does the cuddling and playing with his hair count as cheating it lasted about 2 minutes before I realized what I was doing was wrong?

Someone please help I'm so guilty and I feel I shouldn't feel as guilty as I do now, but I should feel some form of it!!!!!

14 minutes ago, anonymous1313 said:

What should I do about it? What if I see this guy again? What if a similar situation happens again (I don't think it will because this guy was different and special in fact he reminded me of my boyfriend)?

We ended up even getting a little personal that night.   I stupidly admitted to wanting to kiss him Does the cuddling and playing with his hair count as cheating it lasted about 2 minutes before I realized what I was doing was wrong?

^ Ask yourself, if another girl was doing all of this with your boyfriend and kept on and on trying to kiss him over a couple of days, "getting a little personal", cuddling and playing with his hair ........ how would that make you feel?  What would call it?

What to do about it?  DON'T do it again.  What if you see this guy again?  If you really love your boyfriend as you say you do, then you stay away from this guy.  If you get tempted again, then perhaps you should be single for a good long while to get it all out of your system.

So I was in a similar situation when I was in college. I really enjoyed this one particular guy, his humor, his openness with me. We could laugh for hours doing literally nothing. I also had a boyfriend, which kept me from doing anything physical with the other guy, but man I was tempted.

If someone had forced me to spell out what I wanted my future marriage to look like, I likely would’ve concluded that my current boyfriend would not be my life partner. Regardless, it was important to me to be “faithful”. I put that in quotes because I realize now that while I was physically faithful, emotionally I was not.

Anyways, the other guy moved away. It was so difficult for me that I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend to see if the other guy and I really had something. And we did, for awhile. It was worth it, I’m so glad I have those memories.

If I’m honest, I regret not pursuing the other guy earlier. Now that I’m older, those moments of intense passion where your heart is pounding...they’re fewer and further between. They’ve been replaced by moments of deep appreciation, gratitude, and love for my kids and my husband. I’m not saying the moments are not as good now, they’re just wonderful in a different way. Apples to oranges. I wish I had made myself available to enjoy those hot, passionate experiences while I was still in that phase of my life. I now understand that that part of my life was not meant to be spent tied to one man. 

Now I’m not telling you to cheat on your boyfriend. I’m simply showing you my rear view mirror, in the hopes that you’ll use my lesson to evaluate your own situation, your whole situation, and make a choice that you feel good with.

4 hours ago, anonymous1313 said:

We had met at an event and became friends instantly and from the very beginning he was trying to kiss me even though I reassured him I had a boyfriend. Even though he kept pursuing I still hung around because we genuinely were having fun dancing and talking. Before the event was over he asked for my number so I gave it to him

This is really where it should have ENDED, if you truly love your BF.

YOU flirted

YOU took his number

YOU agreed to meet with him for days

YOU let him kiss you

YOU led him on

YOU played with his hair

YOU have no respect for the relationship you're already in and neither does he.

And this guy is not 'in love', is called Lust.  And if he had any respect for you guys, he would have just accepted he was not going to get that darn kiss and left it alone.. Instead he kept at it and knew you enjoyed all of the attention.

If things are too much with him (BF) being long distance, admit it and break it off.  

IMO, your actions show you are not all in it.  Then why don't you end your relationship and move on.

Archived