He is staring at other women

Bekigirl

I appreciate your comment Gary but his behavior makes me feel worthless and I can't trust him because of it. I ended things today. This was not the only reason. He was crying, I was crying, it was hard, but I feel much better now because being alone is better than being with someone not trustworthy.

Sorry to hear this, but it sounds like you've learned enough over 6 months to be confident in knowing this is not a man you can feel great around. Your mentioning of this being "not the only reason" leads me to think that the staring at women is the most obvious symptom of something you've been aware of for a while—a man who is more "dangerous" than "safe," perhaps?

You know your worth, your needs, and you know that trying to mold people into shapes is a lost cause. Wonderful stuff, all that, and stuff you've just celebrated by making this hard decision. Wishing you luck moving forward, and eventually connecting with someone on your level.

This might be a stupid problem but my boyfriend of 6 months keeps staring at other women and I have a problem with that. I have no insecurities and I like myself but I never had a guy do this to this extend; where he stops talking and can't concentrate... I feel this is how he is and I don't plan on yelling at him and trying to change this man in his 40s. My plan is not to see him few days, then hang out Saturday where there's people around. If after few days of not seeing me he is still focusing on other women, dump him. I really don't like telling people what to do I rather just break up. Is there any way to fix this without me lecturing a grown man on what's rude behaviour?

You are showing that you have a high value in yourself and what you want from a relationship. I absolutely agree... this is not a behavior that is even worth addressing with him. Whether he doesn't realize it's inappropriate (hard to believe that a man in his 40's doesn't realize this), or whether he does and continues to do it anyway... this doesn't sound like a man that is worthy of you investing more of your precious time in.

Archived