How long is too long to meet the family?

Blossom314

I wanted to provide an update for anyone following, hopefully this may help the next woman listen to her intuition. Sometimes we come on these forums looking for answers that deep down, we already know. We just want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but truth is, if you feel something is off, it's off.

Long story short, I always felt in the pit of my stomach that he was being unfaithful to me, but I could never put my finger on it. The relationship seemed stagnant, we weren't progressing at all. It seemed like he was purposely keeping me at arms' length with regard to his family and children. I came on here looking for some insight and everyone made it seem like I was asking for too much, but I have recently found out he was cheating on me with his ex wife. This all makes sense as to why I couldn't meet the kids, fam etc.

I hate that I didn't trust my gut. I feel stupid because I broke up with him once before. This second time around, I made sure to block him (I didn't block him the first time). He's been calling from blocked ID, however he has stopped. I am hurt by this all, but I wish I stuck with my guns during the first break up and kept him away. Now I am going through the heart break all over again, with the SAME GUY! ugh!!!

Sorry to hear this. How did you find this out?

So we were out, and I forgot something in the car. I went back but then I went to the bathroom, etc. I took a bit. He called and texted me asking where I was and I said I was on my way. When I saw him, he was sitting down on his phone texting away. I go behind him to give him a hug and basically right as I got up close, I saw that he was texting his ex wife and they were calling each other cute pet names lol and sending selfies. When he felt me behind him he jumped up!!! That was enough for me to know my gut feeling was right all along.

I laugh about it now, even though it hurts but it all makes sense as to why I was feeling that this relationship wasn't growing. He was purposely keeping this relationship under his thumb. Good riddance I am thankful I have the truth now!

Honey, he is not cheating on you with his ex wife. He probably cheated on her with you or used you as a placeholder while he was trying to get back together wth the mother of his kids.

That's a possibility, all though she is in a relationship for a few years, and I thought I was in one too. Maybe they are both in agreement to having an open arrangement who knows. Either way I am thankful to be free from the toxic mess.

Just wanted to update that your intuition is almost always on point.! 100

Archived