Should I give up on him or is it too early?

rubys

I don't tend to schedule anything optional while I'm traveling. I want to see how well I'll land on my feet when I get back to my office, and it makes no sense to book stuff I'll only need to cancel.

The guy has remained in loose touch and has said he'll be free next week. Let him land and learn exactly how free, and when. Chomping at the bit to schedule him won't make the time he's open appear any faster, it just screams impatience. Not a good look.

I met a guy on tinder recently that I really liked. We’ve been on two really good dates. Since then he’s been working away for a week so it’s now nearly two weeks since our last date. He said he’s available next week, but hasn’t initiated a date. I told him to let me know this weekend.

He’s not been a massive texter since we met, but over the last few days he’s not been in touch much at all, just one text per day at night. I feel like it’s hard because it’s losing momentum, and I can’t get momentum until we meet up again! Two weeks is a long time when you don’t really know someone all that well.

Becaus I instantly liked him, I feel like I’ve lost my rationale on how it’s normal to feel after two dates. Should I wait and see if he gets in touch and we go out again? I’m confused as to why he’s texting me every day but not getting things moving! How should I approach it?

There is no Universal normal. There is what works for you.

My experience is it's usually never too early to move on, but often it's too late. I wish I had a dime for every minute I wasted on tire-kickers, drama Queens, and flakes. Give it a bit more time, if you're still a little curious. But it shouldn't feel like you're pulling teeth to get some attention.

Getting one text per day is a very big achievement these days. People are busy finding themselves and valuing their time. Backs against the wall, if we're going to start charging for time, my $ / hour would put a lot of people I met into great shame, but yet still, I'm always the too intense, too needy, and too serious person. Sending a "good morning / good night text" takes a whopping 15 seconds, but yet, it is too much for some people, they are too busy. In your case, you mentioned you get texts every day, that's good. Why the dragging? That's easy. If he shows too much interest, he is desperate. He's doing what he is taught to do.

I'm a very simple man. I call the passive aggressive game out in full color, and say one more time and it's over. I don't blame the people, I blame the game.

Archived