First Contact in Ten Years

I think the big exception to the general rule is if it was a situational break-up, rather than an incompatibility break-up (real or perceived). Obviously it is a long way back if one party cheated or was abusive, too long really.

The classic example is a break-up where one person moves away geographically to work/study, you break up or don't, but they find someone local at some point.

The situation changed. Maybe it can change again. Maybe it won't, because both people grow and change in the interim, and can actually become incompatible.

In essence I am saying that -

- if the situation that caused the separation is resolved (and in particular, where it was geographic distance);

- and the break up was handled kindly, probably with some tears on both sides, but no drama or shouting (I think this is a biggie);

- and years later there is still mutual attraction there, and both people are single and feel the spark;

then there is more chance than the average (which I agree is a very low % integer) of a successful reconciliation.

Agree with that!

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True. I have discovered that people online really don't get the nuance of individual situations.

I have discovered a lot more about what was going on when we broke up. I'm not going to share any more details here because from this point on, no stranger's advice matters.

I do appreciate the sounding board and apl your opinions on her calling back. I'll take it from here!

Bump.

And the OP never came back ... Last activity 04-08-2019 10:02 PM.

I am curious to see how it played out, hopefully the OP will get an email alert despite the name change and let us know.

• 1 month later...

Archived