Relationship advice

Sunnynights

>>I'm going to be criticised for saying this, that would be an absolute deal breaker for me.

Assuming he was serious. I am not so sure he was.

That said, I agree she needs to stop being his mom and catering to him! That was great advice, given by a few people including myself.

We teach people how to treat us and by catering to him the way she's been doing, she's almost asking him to treat her like a "skullery maid."

OP, if you take away anything from this thread, STOP DOING THAT!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My man is kind of like that but im ok with his,level. My man makes more than me and i am somewhat traditional i do not mind if my role is a certain way. But you are 19 i imagine you are busy in college or something. If so bwing the kind of girlfriend he wants likely is not something you have time for

Through a family member, we for a time had family that after the parents and three kids had dinner, he moved from his chair at the head of the table to his upholstered arm chair, also in the dining room. There he sat, smoking and watching his wife clean up.

(And yeah, they are still together but the linkage to my family is not, thank goodness!)

Yeah, Katrina, this does indeed happen.

I used to work with a woman whose boyfriend would shout "Beverage please!!" after he'd finished whatever she'd cooked and brought to him while he sat in the La-Z-Boy. Also I have a female friend who would make her husband buy dinner every night (after he'd worked all day) and then serve her meal to her (also while she sat in the La-Z-Boy). One time I was there and she sarcastically said "Nope, I'm not thirsty! I don't need anything to drink!!" when he brought her food but not a beverage as quickly as she thought he should. She didn't work, but instead stayed home drinking all day.

My uncle would insist on a steak dinner every night while his wife and six children ate macaroni and cheese or spaghetti. And of course his wife had to serve him while he sat in the La-Z-Boy (I see a theme here lol).

No way to know for sure if the OP's boyfriend thinks what he said was cute or if he was serious. Conversation required.

The connection is the La-z-Boys!

Archived