Please, help me (if you are not afraid of long stories)

Silentiosa

Is he interested in moving to Russia or are you interested in moving yo France?

He has asked me many times, whether I could move to France. Since I met him, I have been considering that, after getting Polish citizenship. Moving to Russia while he has a disabled child would be impossible for him.

You seem very desperate to have anyone in your life.

I did not say that I wanted to do it after two meetings, I meant I had started thinking of that in case the relationship worked. And only after getting my Polish citizenship that I mentioned.

And if I were desperate, I would have already sticked to any of the local men who are/were in love with me. But I don't need them, unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

Just come here to announce that one month ago I deleted him. He had become even weirder than usual. He told me that he was offended that I hadn't turned on my camera during our last videochat and that he also didn't like some things I posted on Facebook. We discussed all that, he said he hadn't "dared" to tell me all that. He told me a lot of things that made me understand he was far from being too intelligent, but I wanted to see what would happen next and I also still cherished the beautiful memories. We decided that we would discuss everyhing as soon as there was some misunderstanding and I told him frankly that I didn't like this kind of behaviour and also that I was disappointed. But...

Two weeks later we were speaking, he kept asking me about my matrimonial plans for future and then, again, he suddenly went offline without any explanation, what was his typical reaction to words he didn't like. At first, I didn't realise what had happened. Then, during the following week I noticed that his behaviour was similar to that in the situation described above. I understood that he expected me to feel guilty and make the first step. Besides, one of his former friends had said that it was his typical reaction to basically anything he didn't like: he always stopped talking waiting for the "vicious" person to "realise their mistakes" and to beg his forgiveness. He had been treating several people in the same way, refusing to explain what had happened, pretending he didn't know them when seeing them at work and saying insulting things about them to others.

I deleted him and immediately felt relief. Now I understand that this man's unhappy personal life is not a coincidence and is due to his character typical of emotional abusers who like morally torturing people. I'm still amazed that one person can be so sugarily sweet and then become extremely cruel towards those who value him just because they have said something wrong in his opinion. Never again! And... thank you for your support!

Archived